Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Challenge ?

ANSWERED

So my office is really into Fitbit step challenges. We have good groups that participate consistently. We are also workaholics who are often at work into the night. Would Fitbit consider creating sleep challenges to go along with the step challenges ? Maybe something like who can consistently hit their sleep goals ? It would do a lot to encourage good sleep practices in a fun way, I think. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's a pretty good idea. It would be interesting to compete to see who can rest the best. It sound like a lot of fun to be honest. You can always suggest ideas or new features here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features

I hope you get your idea through and have some sleeping competitions with coworkers/friends Smiley Happy

Yours Truly,Geoffrey

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

That's a pretty good idea. It would be interesting to compete to see who can rest the best. It sound like a lot of fun to be honest. You can always suggest ideas or new features here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features

I hope you get your idea through and have some sleeping competitions with coworkers/friends Smiley Happy

Yours Truly,Geoffrey
Best Answer

Nice to see you around Fitbit users! Robot Happy

Challenges are always fun so I definetly will vote for this feature. It would be very interesting to see how people respond when they are challenged to get a better sleep; as at the end of the day, it's not the quantity of your sleep that helps your body to rest but the quality of it.

I'm pretty interested in developing a better sleep ritual, I've heard that a lot of people do an evening walk before sleeping, some others read or drink a warm glass of milk as thats helps too.

I’ll see you around the Community! 😄

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've been thinking about this feature for a long time and glad to see someone else had thought about it too, even though it was 3 years ago.  I'm surprised this "challenge" has not been added to the list.  I host step-based challenges with my friends almost every week but the problem is that steps can be faked easily, to the point where I've stopped inviting certain people because their steps wouldn't hold true in an audit.  Sleep, however, cannot be easily faked and I don't understand why anyone would even want to fake it... unless they had a financial incentive?

Anyway, I think a sleep challenge is way overdue and is a great way to encourage people to get enough sleep.  We live in a society that puts sleep at the lowest priority and I think this feature is something the world needs.

Best Answer

Hey @poppashark I totally agree with you. I personally would like to have a sleep challenge and a solo challenge. I'm trying to improve my sleep quality and quantity, I think it's important for your health to sleep the recommended hours. But for some of us is really difficult to change routines. What have you tried to improve your sleep quality and quantity? 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Doriswillims welcome. Feel free to share your thoughts about this topic. We really enjoy having new members around. Are you interested in sleep challenges?

💤💤💤💤

Best Answer

Hey all, I remember seeing this thread a while back and my friends and I were really into this idea. One of my friends sent me this recently and looks like something was finally released on the App Store for sleep challenges/competitions. It's called "Sleepover" and we've tried it out a couple days- it works really well and looks great. Not a Fitbit exclusive feature but seems to actually be better that way since we can compete with our friend that uses Sleep Cycle with Apple Watch. I'll attach the link below in case anyone is still interested in the idea of sleep competitions!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sleepover-sleep-to-compete/id1556384666

Best Answer

@max71 thank you for sharing this link. It looks great, we might have to hurry with this one: Sleep Challenge. I think that in that way we can improve our sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes