Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages Still Not Updated

I saw a few weeks ago that Fitbit was still rolling out the sleep stages feature to those with Charge 2s and other applicable Fitbits, but I still haven't gotten mine! Anyone else still waiting, and have you heard anything from Fitbit about how long they expect this rollout will take? 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I don't know the timing, but is your firmware up to date?  My current version is:

Firmware version: 22.22.53.4

Although I don't think you need to update, that might help.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2, firmware ver: 22.22.53.4

But my Fitbit app & desktop is only showing Sleep Pattern.  When I had Alta HR, returned it for Charge 2, it would display the Sleep Stages.  Why is the update not showing the new info?Screenshot_2017-04-20-08-47-36.png

Best Answer

@lnhoran: Almost a week ago, my fitbit app showed me to update both the app and my hardware. So I updated a week ago. I use Fitbit app in my iPad. So may be they are rolling out in stages... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and I still don't have it. 

Best Answer

Thank you, and yes, it is up to date. I finally got sleep stages for the first time on Wednesday night, and they went away last night. So disappointing - ready for Fitbit to fix whatever glitch this is! My friends who have the Charge 2 haven't had any issues, but I certainly have! 

Best Answer

Screenshot_2017-05-05-14-01-04.png

Seems the update came May 1st! Hmmm, seems I'm going to sleep later than I should. The longer sleep was due to post surgery drugs. 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have a Charge 2 with current firmware. I was able to see sleep stages on my Galaxy S6 until April 16, 2017. I now have a Galaxy S8 and have the current app. I have restarted my tracker, updated my app with the most current update, logged out of the app and back in, and restarted my phone. Nothing has changed. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem, but in quite a weird way.  I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and a couple of weeks ago I updated my Fitbit app and was really surprised and pleased to see that my sleep tracking for the previous night was now in the new style.  I had it for ONE NIGHT!  It then reverted back to the old format and has been like that ever since.  Was it an automatic trial or something?  Anyone else had this?

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. I am using the Charge2 synched to an iPhone 7, and I was able to get the new look for Sunday and Monday of this week but not Tuesday or Today. When I go to sleep change, but it doesn't matter if I sleep longer, shorter, go to bed earlier it has no effect. I read somewhere that you have to change to your non dominant hand, and this still does not work.

I really like the pretty colours and would like to know how much light and deep sleep I am getting. I hope that there is a fix soon.

Best Answer

The same scenario on my blaze. The new sleep stages literally worked one time and that is it. Pretty frustrating that there is no fix for this issue which it looks like it is not an isolated to just a very few users!!!  

Best Answer

I bought a new Blaze last week.  One of the main reasons I bought it was for the detailed sleep information.  For the first 4 nights I had a full breakdown of REM, light and deep sleep which was fascinating but then for the last 3 nights all I got was something about being restless or awake.  Where has all that previous information gone?  Is that it now - have I spent a lot of money on something that doesn't deliver the goods it promised?

Best Answer

same problem;  checked with Fitbit support,  deleted/reloaded app,  wait til next morn.......still not there

Best Answer
Hi-don't know if it was just a coincidence but I wore my tracker on the other wrist last night and this morning I had my sleep patterns back!! Might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This features seems very hit and miss. Sometimes it works great, and highlights the amount of time spend in each stage, 30 day average and bench mark; and does so for a few days, but then out of the blue, it decides to revert back to the old way. I don't do anything different, that I am aware of, it just wants to be very hit and miss.

Best Answer
Thank you Anten33. It is comforting to know that other people are having the same problem and that it seems to be a Fitbit issue rather than anything we are doing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I tried this last night and it worked for me as well. Will keep doing it to see if it consistently works. Easy fix if it does but curious as to why.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put the tracker on my other wrist again last night but I did not get the
sleep stages like the night before.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that and after it got your hopes up as well. I've had 4 nights of sleep patterns after changing wrists so fingers crossed........

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

did you manually start your tracker?

did you push any buttons during the night?

how long were you in bed?

Best Answer
0 Votes