Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep display downgrade?

ANSWERED

This morning the sleep display on my apps was fine. Now it’s useless, just vertical lines, with no info on deep sleep, which is what I was most concerned about. I was about to rave about the awesomeness of this sleep tracking to all my friends, but now all of a sudden there’s nothing to rave about.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit can detect naps, provided they’re long enough (see this articleNaps at least an hour in length will be automatically detected by your device and stored in your sleep history). What Fitbit cannot do is consolidate naps with the sleep that occured on the same night. However, I’m not aware that it substracts naps from the main sleep period, as you are saying.

Here is an example from broken sleep that occured following a long intercontinental flight and the jetlag that resulted from it:

sleep broken.png

I was able to get about one hour of sleep at 10.13pm (considered as a nap), then slightly under two hours at 00.36 (also considered as a nap), and finally about three hours at 4:01am (considered sleep, with sleep stages, score and all). Naps weren’t added to the sleep period, but they weren’t substracted either. However short it was, the sleep period was rated on its own merits.

Sometimes, if/when your sleep is all over the place, Fitbit may not be able to detect sleep stages, even if your sleep was long enough. Maybe this is what happened in your case.

It looks like you’ve only been using your Fitbit for a week or so. You should probably use it for a while before deciding its sleep feature is buggy.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

OK, so it changed the amount of time it thinks I slept, and doesn’t do the nice graph for the decreased sleep quantity? Very confused new user here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took a nap and it seemed to subtract my nap duration from last night’s sleep duration, which brought last night’s sleep below the threshold for pretty graphing. This seems like it might be a weird bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit can detect naps, provided they’re long enough (see this articleNaps at least an hour in length will be automatically detected by your device and stored in your sleep history). What Fitbit cannot do is consolidate naps with the sleep that occured on the same night. However, I’m not aware that it substracts naps from the main sleep period, as you are saying.

Here is an example from broken sleep that occured following a long intercontinental flight and the jetlag that resulted from it:

sleep broken.png

I was able to get about one hour of sleep at 10.13pm (considered as a nap), then slightly under two hours at 00.36 (also considered as a nap), and finally about three hours at 4:01am (considered sleep, with sleep stages, score and all). Naps weren’t added to the sleep period, but they weren’t substracted either. However short it was, the sleep period was rated on its own merits.

Sometimes, if/when your sleep is all over the place, Fitbit may not be able to detect sleep stages, even if your sleep was long enough. Maybe this is what happened in your case.

It looks like you’ve only been using your Fitbit for a week or so. You should probably use it for a while before deciding its sleep feature is buggy.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you. I figured it out pretty soon, but wasn’t able to delete my ragepost! But now I upgraded to Pro and it’s disappeared entirely! Agh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an extract from one of the help files:

"Your overall sleep score is a sum of your individual scores in sleep duration, sleep quality, and restoration, for a total score of up to 100. Most people get a score between 72 and 83. Sleep score ranges are:

• Excellent: 90-100
  • Good: 80-89
  • Fair: 60-79
  • Poor: Less than 60
Duration: Time asleep and awakeHow much you slept—the more you sleep, the better your score.
Quality: Deep & REM sleepHow much time you spent in deep and REM sleep—the more time you spend in these sleep stages, the better your score.
Restoration: Sleeping heart rate & restlessnessHow relaxed you were during sleep—a high sleeping heart rate or too much tossing and turning lowers your score.

Best Answer
0 Votes