Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score: now premium feature

Soo, I’ve been a Fitbit user since day one and now it looks like we have to pay for this feature. 😡 it was free! I just updated my app, says it’s a premium feature. It’s super disappointing to see that I spent a lot of money on a better tracker to have to pay more money on features that used to come with the device. Is anyone else in the same boat? 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

That's confusing. According to fitbit:

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

taken from: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Premium-Coach/Fitbit-Premium-Guide/m-p/3744853#M3556

that post also says:

"All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning."

So, according to that, you should still have access to your sleep score. If you don't then something is wrong and perhaps you ought to contact customer support. Could it be that you have your score but not the "deeper analysis"?

Best Answer

Sleep score is available to non premium members. As @SteveH's post points out, it's the deeper analysis that is a premium feature and this feature wasn't available before premium (so no one has lost it).

@Jenarob10 Which feature did you have previous to premium launching that you now can't see? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Jenarob10, I do not believe that the added feature was available before.  I signed up for the free trial of the Premium and think I will continue to pay for it as it shows more information about my sleep tracking which I find beneficial.

But, definitely, if you do not see any benefit to the additonal premium feature(s), do not pay for them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Really disappointed too. But since last tuesday i noticed that my heart rate tracker is not working well. Sometimes it shows a too High heart rate, even when i am restless. Maybe it has a relation with the sleep details!

Best Answer

Opened Fitbit this morning to see how my sleep had been (trying a new herbal sleep "enhancer"), and it asked me to log in ( a new development), rejected my password , when I got on it asked something about my sleep tracker, and showed a completely different dashboard, with no tile for sleep.  In settings sleep tracking was turned on.  Is this a botched roll-out of a new web interface?

Best Answer

I no longer show a sleep score.  Do I now have to pay to get one?

Best Answer

I have purchased the Premium, but am disappointed I don't seem to get it in the app for WIN10 PC. If there, where?

Best Answer

Same, in the dashboard it shows my sleep, but when you click on it, I get the "see sleep score with premium" and no sleep for last night. Between this and fighting to sync every day, I have had enough. 

Best Answer

Hi all, I’m having the same issues since Saturday! I bought the Fitbit mainly for the sleep analysis and now I can’t see it anymore! This is unacceptable...has anyone found a way to have it back without going premium?

Best Answer

After not wearing my Fitbit for a few months I put it back on today and and just discovered this as well. It's really effed up. I've been using this feature for years for free and now they've taken it away from their loyal customers. Such bull**ahem**. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep score and heart rate are gone. I am retired I don't have money for premium.

I cannot afford the features that I have been using for the past five years. I cannot use any of the premium health stuff. my age prevents me from most of premium features.

this maybe the last Fitbit product that I will purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very disappointed I now have to pay for this feature. Apple Watch is looking like a much better option

Best Answer

Because they took all of the good parts away and getting less features for the money. As a 7 year Fitbit owner I am ready to go for another brand that cares for its watch owners. I am selling my 2 Versa Lites.

Best Answer

I can earn points for tracking sleep with my company which uses Castlight.  now that fitbit no longer tracks sleep, I agree that it's now time to move to another tracker.  Thanks for the kick in the pants FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It all appears pretty dishonest from Fitbit or Google, my sleep scores stopped becoming recorded after creating a Google account.

In theory may my Fitbit Blaze should still still produce one but the device no longer seems capable of recording the required elements to generate one (a Google accident!)

I'm looking for alternatives , removing features by stealth and / or putting them behind a pay wall is embarrassing , shame on you Fitbit / Google  

Best Answer
I am leaving after my period of time is up in February. I paid my premium
amount of 79.99 and my sleep score stopped. It is one reason I liked it.
Best Answer