Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not recording properly

If I fall asleep with the clock face of the Versa 2 completely flat on my mattress, under my pillow, does it mess up sleep readingsVersa 2? Every time I go to sleep at night on my left side, I don't get any readings. If I fall asleep on my right side, or, watch a movie lying down on my right side, I always get a reading unless I don't sleep the requisite number of hours. I wear my Versa on my left hand; I have a special medical ID that I must wear on my right wrist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @lucy1080, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information! 

It is recommended to wear your Fitbit device in a snug wristband while sleeping. I can't confirm if placing your wrist under the pillow interferes but it might be preventing your Fitbit device to get a consistent Heart Rate reading.

Additionally; there are some factors that could prevent your sleep stages to not be received or your sleep data to be inaccurate: 

1. If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  2. If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  3. If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  4. If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, you can see: What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes