Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep timeline benchmark removed

ANSWERED

According to Customer Service, the Sleep Timeline Benchmark was removed in the 4.15 update.  That was a bad move on their part.  I purchased the Fitbit and the premium subscription to monitor my sleep, although some of the other features are helpful also.  I hope they will tweak it again and put the sleep benchmark back.  I may look elsewhere for another device.  I find the new 4.15 update cumbersome and not user friendly. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your continued reports, as well as the screenshots provided. I understand how frustrating this has been for you, and appreciate your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that the new Fitbit app 4.16 version has started to slowly roll-out to all our members. This update brings a fix for this issue, so please make sure to install it on your mobile device once you see it available.

Keep in mind that the sleep benchmark will only appear for logs that contain sleep stages. To learn more about it, see this help article.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Agreed 100%.  Removing service?  Not cool Fitbit!

Best Answer

Hello @Roni9 

This is what I see when I tap on Benchmark. Are you not seeing these shaded areas in your sleep graph? Are you an Android or iOS user?

Screenshot_20240421-144858.png

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I’ll answer, no I’m not seeing them.    I do see the “Typical range…” line.  Just not the ranges themselves.  I’m using Fitbit free on IOS.  

Best Answer

@Roni9   I flagged your post to get a moderator to weigh in in this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I don’t see this!  Is there anything else I should do besides tap Benchmarks to get those?

Thanks 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @RiekoC and @LZeeW Thanks for your help.

Thanks for letting us know about your sleep information and providing screenshots of the Fitbit app. Before anything else, I'd like to clarify that the Sleep Benchmarks are available for all our members regardless if you have a Premium subscription or not.

With that in mind, our team is currently investigating an issue affecting this tab to get it resolved. I'd encourage you to keep an eye to this thread which will be updated with new information as soon as we have it available.

Best Answer

Hello @SleepyGeorge 

Are you an Android or iOS user?

Since one of the other users on this thread mentioned that they are an iOS user, I'm wondering if this is an iOS app issue.

Best Answer

Getting an access denied from "this thread." : 

"Access Denied

Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page. Please click here to return to the Fitbit Community.

But thanks for investigating.
Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit   Your link goes to a page that says Access Denied as described by @Rkl122 .

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

I also get "Access denied" when I click on the provided link.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Rkl122@RiekoC and @LZeeW.

Thanks for the heads up! I just updated my post so the correct link is included.

By the way, I want to clarify with you that, even though the thread is in the iOS App board, the issue is affecting both Android and iOS mobile devices.

Best Answer

I have same screen as RiekoC, but without the little gray "typical range" boxes.  I've read that's an issue with others.  I am using Fitbit app 4.15, iPhone SE 2020, iOS 17.4.1.

Best Answer

Hi there, @jammyleg.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing this information. I want to let you know that there is an issue with the Fitbit app not showing the sleep benchmark ranges. This is affecting Android and iOS devices, and our team is currently working to get this resolved.

In the meantime, please keep syncing to ensure the rest of your information stays up-to-date. I'd also recommend checking this thread to receive new information about this situation.

Best Answer

Interesting cause my wife’s Sense after updates still has Benchmark as of 4/25 but my verse 4 dropped benchmark upon update although it still has slide tab to select with a 30 avg tab also.  Benchmark just doesn’t work on mine.  Sad sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running 4.15 on a Samsung Android phone. I do not see the grey boxes on the Benchmark screen any more, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not seeing the ranges either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Rieko for posting an image of how the benchmarks should look in the "upgrade." Mine look like this, and you can see how the crosshatch legend at the bottom is useless, since there are no such areas appearing in the graph.

dummy.png

I appreciate @LizzyFitbit telling us that they're aware of the problem, but it's been some time now since the change, and I'm truly disappointed in the disappearance of one of my favorite FitBit features.

Like @Rkl122 and others, I am not a Premium member; I use FitBit on iOS 17.4.1; my device is a Charge 5. 

Best Answer

The sleep tracking changes suck. I am very disappointed with Fitbit 

Best Answer

yeah - i went to apple watch because i didn't want to let fitbit into my google accounts - but they lacked this stuff - now i'm circling back (i finally agreed to go in through google because i thought fitbit superior to apple watch - but when i came back all that data i missed with apple wasn't there anyway.  grr.  next stop is probably to return the apple watch and get an Oura ring.  because i did find tracking my sleep with fitbit to be very helpful - back when i used to work better.  wish i had figured out how to export my data before they "fixed" it (i.e. broke it).

Best Answer