Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking

I am a user of a Fitbit Inspire (upgraded from a flex 2 about a month ago).  

My three main interests are Sleep Management, Exercise and weight management.

Today my question is regarding the inaccuracy of the sleep tracking on my Fitbit Inspire.    

I am an older woman (67) and am up and down at night.  The tacker does not track this activity.  It seems to quit tracking once I get up for a sleep break.  So my hours of sleep tend to show as 2-4 hours instead of whatever it actually is.  What can I do to track this more successfully?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I am 72 and have actively been using Charge Two FB for a little over 2 months, only remove for shower and charging.  Bought for same reason as you (1) track sleep, so can reduce temazepam use at bedtime (2) weight management - not tracking food with FB but have greatly increased my steps & my dog helps (3) track hydration, hopefully more water, less pop/soda :0)

My automatic night tracking by fitbit of potty breaks (times are amazingly accurate), occasional emergency middle of the night out request by our Shar-pei Midnight Legend, my husband accidentally waking me up as he adjusts his CPAP machine, etc. has been pleasing, all through reading my heart rate.  The start and stop sleep times have been accurate except twice where they were several hours short.  I then edited the time at my best guess and when FB updated, the detail WAS there !  Weird.

I am pleased for my fitbit friend in my life.  So far it has not increased my sleep time but has better explained how I am sleeping.  And I have reduced sleep meds by at least half in two months, a good feeling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanx for your reply, Matilija! I swear posting the question and of my frustration made my fitbit correct its reporting of my sleep cycles. (That, plus my changing the settings to sensitive)..... All is well, with the issues you spoke of. Nice to hear of someone doing the same things I do.

For exercise, I am SOOOOOO lucky our community has two pools and offers WONDERFUL Deep Water Aerobics classes. I go 4 days a week for an hour and it makes a huge difference in my attitude, posture and over all well being. Without hurting my legs and hip more than they are already!!! I strongly suggest it whenever I have an opportunity!

Thanx again! and best always,

Sara
Best Answer

Sleep Cycle: Best sleep-tracker app and Misfit Ray is The best sleep tracker under £50. sleeping has been a great challenge for me growing up I imaginea lot and some times I go to sleep by 3 am and if I go to sleep before 1 am I do thank God because I feel more comfortable in the morning. I started tracking my sleep at the age to 37 now I am 48 and I learned to

Lower the Room Temperature. Share on Pinterest,

Use the "4-7-8" Breathing Method,

Relax your entire face, including the muscles inside your mouth.

Drop your shoulders to release the tension and let your hands drop to the side of your body.

Exhale, relaxing your chest.

Relax your legs, thighs, and calves.

Clear my mind for 10 seconds by imagining a relaxing scene.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have printed them out and will incorporate them into my sleep time practices. I am convinced every conscious effort will help and I very much appreciate your taking the time to write to me!

Sara
Best Answer

it is my pleasure Sara, sleeping is the most important human character, it refreshes the brain sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing under-eye circles. Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy ifestyle, and can benefits  your heart, weight, mind, and more. ... Here are some health benefits researchers have discovered about a good night's sleep's, I will be glad to answer more of your questions pls you can always inbox me.

victor

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sarah, very interesting story. I am 78 still do gym, and racket sports. My wife and I both uses our Fitbit to check and compare our sleep pattern. She sleeps well no doubt. I tend to go after Midnight. I try my hardest to go before 11. I find when i go before 11 my training goes much better and i am stronger in everyway. I try to get 6 hours which i feel is sufficient for me. 

All the best to all. Byron 

Best Answer
0 Votes