Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else doesn't wear Fitbit to bed??

ANSWERED

I don't. I find it better if I don't wear to bed. I get a decent sleep without it. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I don't either. I did for a while and although I found the tracking data interesting, I didn't find it useful and now prefer to give my wrist a rest and save a little on battery power.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I don't either. I did for a while and although I found the tracking data interesting, I didn't find it useful and now prefer to give my wrist a rest and save a little on battery power.

Best Answer

Well, that sort of defeats the purpose of the sleep feature. You might as well spend less money and get the zip if you feel that way... Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I don't wear it to bed either. As a person who has suffered from anxiety and insomnia, i make a very conscious effort to not think or dwell on any sleep issues. Even typing this is risky. I want nothing to draw my brain into thinking about sleeping. i stick to my routine. if it ain't broke...... 

Best Answer

Yay! U know U... don't fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yikes! That's a scary thought!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore mine a couple of times, but generally I don't. I think it's good to take a break from wearing the band.

Best Answer

@BlushSinger There are many more features that can still make it preferable to the Zip and worth the extra money.

Best Answer
do you get a sleep read out when you sync but don't "record your time go to
bed, and time, leave bed"?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@t_jd I don't. It must know that I'm not wearing the fitbit and so doesn't create a sleep record.

Best Answer

First, I love the Fitbit. The only problem is I can’t sleep with that either. I was up all night for several days, thinking it was just middle-aged issues. I after several days of being up-and-down all night, I thought maybe I should try taking the Fitbit off during the night. What are you know! I’ve been sleeping successfully for the past four days! I don’t know what causes the restless sleep with the Fitbit and maybe it’s not happening to everyone, but it totally was real for me. Have always been a very heavy sleeper until I wore the Fitbit during the night.

Best Answer

I love wearing it to bed and reading the report!   Of course,

I have always had a hard time 

sleeping so I find the insight fascinating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a bit uncomfortable to wear to bed, and I'd rather preserve my Flex battery life 😁

Best Answer

I'm thinking I should stop, as my sleep seems to be my main focus now, and the hours I'm asleep are declining over the weeks I've had it.  I think I'm focusing too much on sleeping well and my subconscious knows it. I already am an early riser, but woke at  4am today wanting to cry.  I should just let myself sleep how my body wants to, and not dwell on it.

Best Answer

yep, i used to wear my charge to bed, and it was easier. the versa is just plain-uncomfortable in bed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to recharge it at bedtime. I wear it most of the other nights, though.

But...if I'm having insomnia or a bad night's sleep, I take it off. It makes me more anxious about falling asleep or staying asleep. And I found that the sleep suggestions from Premium can make me more anxious, knowing I'll get a reminder the next day that I didn't follow the suggestion that night (not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't sleep). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar situation with my Charge 3 @sikorski, I used to get a bit anxious when wearing my Fitbit to bed, but after a while I finally got used to it and know I don't even think about it, but I do prefer to recharge the device at night sometimes. 

I also had the Fitbit One a long time ago, and it used a large strap that you would wrap around your arm to track sleep, so the Charge 3 and the new watches now feel a lot smoother. 😄

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, @DaviddeFitbit. I wear an Alta HR, which is comfortable. The problem isn't the comfort; it's knowing that I'll get a "poor" or "fair" reading plus a reminder to "get more sleep" the next night when I'm having insomnia. (Thanks a lot, Alta HR!) 🙂

When it needs charging, I chose to do it at night to avoid losing out on my step or active minutes count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @sikorski! Are you having trouble to track your sleep every day, or it's just something that happens at times?  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have insomnia that often, maybe once or twice a week. But when I do, I don't need a reminder to "get more sleep"! Anyway, when I remove the Fitbit, I'm less anxious and can fall asleep more easily.

Best Answer