Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work schedule/ sleep pattern

Hey everyone,

My wife and I went out Thanksgiving evening to save on our first smartwatches. We really wanted to get the new Ionic's but there were no savings on those yet so we decided to purchase some Blazes. I have a question regarding sleep patterns. I currently work 12 hour rotating shift work and have the hardest time whether days or nights to find energy. I get about 5 hours of sleep on day shift and about 6.5 on night shift. I am leaving my job next week and switching to permanent nights. Has anyone made this transition and can they tell me if sleep/energy increased? I have a really busy life outside of work and have become extremely lazy due to fatigue.

Thanks to all that read!

V/R, Dennis Glenn a.k.a Chaloopabatm4n (lol)

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

hey @ChaloopaBatm4n congrats on your purchase and welcome to the community. I have heard others have similar issues with fatigue when working shift work because you don't really have a night vs day. It is just time which causes naps not sleep. Even five hours ones don't feel like sleep. I think having a perm schedule will help because even in day you will have a designated time for sleep. You may also want to look at how much activity you are getting, how hydrated you are and what your diet is. All those things help to keep your body running efficiently so even a few sleepless nights won't completely knock you out.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I've been working overnight shift (8pm-6am) for about 7 years now, my husband for 24 years.  Once you're not switching back and forth,  you'll probably find that you will sleep better.  Get dark-out shades, or an eye mask (all the cool kids are wearing them these days).  I personally only get about 5 hours of sleep on days when I've worked the night before (my Fitbit keeps telling me to go to bed earlier, but I go to bed when I get home!), but it's mostly because my dogs wake me up and want to start their day (can't really blame them).  My husband easily sleeps 8-10 hours during the day (don't get me started!).  Adding consistent daily exercise or activity vastly improves my energy levels as well, so try to keep up some sort of activity schedule (I know the feeling .. too tired to exercise and fatigued from no exercise - but try to do what you can to get started). Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes