Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging sleep verses automatic tracking

ANSWERED

Hi everyone,

I have been working on improving my sleep. I have been using the fitbit and working toward increasing my sleep to 7 hours per night.

I had a question. Which do you prefer? Which do you feel is more accurate? And why does "logging" sleep not list the sleep stages?

I felt the automatic tracking under estimates my sleep. I do not believe I'm awake that long in the night, but the automatic tracking informs me of the sleep stages, which I find interesting and useful.

I have started the logging, and I feel it is a more accurate estimate of my sleep. I just started it this week.

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Rcastle Welcome to the forum. May I ask what type of Fitbit you have? I find sleep tracking to more accurate if you are using a tracking with HR monitor. A trick I have found too, if I don't think my sleep data is accurate, for example I got up during the night and it didn't register that I went back to sleep, I delete the data and manually log the start and end time and then the rest of the data will fill in, showing me a more accurate representation of my sleep. I hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Rcastle Welcome to the forum. May I ask what type of Fitbit you have? I find sleep tracking to more accurate if you are using a tracking with HR monitor. A trick I have found too, if I don't think my sleep data is accurate, for example I got up during the night and it didn't register that I went back to sleep, I delete the data and manually log the start and end time and then the rest of the data will fill in, showing me a more accurate representation of my sleep. I hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Hi and thank you! I will try that. And yes I have an Charge HR 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes