Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 mins fat burn

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a 62 year old male weighing 180 k and1.79 mts tall. During combat last night I used 731 calories and my heart peaked at 170 bpm averaging 135 bpm for the 55 minute duration. Can anyone tell me why its shows 0 mins fat burn and if I am doing something wrong, how do I correct it please

I am not able to upload a screen shot

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pinksteve, thanks for getting back and for sharing the screenshot.

About your inquiry, I can see that you had a lot of minutes in Cardio and Peak zone, but it didn't show time on Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate wasn't 50 to 69% of maximum, this is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone. And this may be a good place to start for those new to exercise, which might be not your case. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.

You were from Cardio Zone (which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone) to Peak Zone (which means your heart rate is greater than 85% of maximum, is the high-intensity exercise zone.) What you can do to test your Fitbit is to track a medium intensity workout and see if your Surge is able to read it. 

Please also note that heart rate may be affected by any number of factors at a given moment. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate. Consult your doctor before starting an exercise routine.

Please let me know if this answer your question, I'll be around if you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @pinksteve, welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

You have an excellent question there, thanks for sharing those details in your previous posts. And by the way, next time you want to share an image you can click on "Photos" and pick the image that you wish to add. 

photos.PNG

About your inquiry, you can try the suggested steps in this article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? Once we confirm your hear rate is being tracked in the correct way, you will see a better reading on your calories burned.

Let me know if this helped.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but it didnt address my question. All is showing apart from the fat burn see screen shot thanksScreen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.32.14.png

Best Answer

Hi @pinksteve, thanks for getting back and for sharing the screenshot.

About your inquiry, I can see that you had a lot of minutes in Cardio and Peak zone, but it didn't show time on Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate wasn't 50 to 69% of maximum, this is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone. And this may be a good place to start for those new to exercise, which might be not your case. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.

You were from Cardio Zone (which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone) to Peak Zone (which means your heart rate is greater than 85% of maximum, is the high-intensity exercise zone.) What you can do to test your Fitbit is to track a medium intensity workout and see if your Surge is able to read it. 

Please also note that heart rate may be affected by any number of factors at a given moment. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate. Consult your doctor before starting an exercise routine.

Please let me know if this answer your question, I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes