Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS phone Device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello community,
I need your support. My family all have mobile ASUS devices, all running from Droid, and in addition Fitbit Charge HR up to Surge for tracking. Unfortunately ASUS is not compatible with FITbit, so my family's notifications do not appear on the tracker device. The sync is also slow and I believe it may not work one day. Please support our fitness goals and create a partnership with ASUS.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @miss_katieeee07, welcome!  It's great to see you on the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks a million for your feedback, sorry you were not able to use your Versa with your phone! You're right about using a PC, since must of the good staff as call and text notifications are used with a  phone.

Our team is always working on testing and updating our official list of supported devices. You can vote and post your comments in our Feature Suggestions Board, I found this one:  Asus ZenFone compatibility. You will notice that this suggestion is mentioning the Asus ZenFone, but if this is not the model you can post your own suggestion according your phone model or ask for a new Versa 2 with this phone compatibility.

Our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Teachrwilliams, welcome aboard to our community. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App or not all the feature will work in devices that hasn't been fully tested. I've seen in our feature request board requests for Asus support, perhaps you should take a look here and add your comments along with your vote to make this idea more popular. The product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

In case you have troubles syncing with your mobile device, remember that you can always sync with a computer either using the Windows 10 app or if you have other OS version with the Fitbit Connect client, which can be found in our website: https://www.fitbit.com/setup

Hope to see you around again and wish you the best.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I also use it with an ASUS and there is absolutely no problem at all. Also my wife uses her Fitbit Charge HR alternatively with an ASUS and finds it working as expected. Why should ASUS not be compatible with fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
ASUS updated yesterday and now it works.
Best Answer

Hi @AlFu and @Teachrwilliams. That is great to hear. Well as I mentioned before, this devices are not in the list of supported devices, so it means are not being fully tested so it might be possible that some features work or not.

In my case I also use a phone that is not in the list of supported devices and it work great, I haven't experiencing issues to sync or anything else. Although I know other user haven't had the same luck. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear the ASUS phone is working great with your trackers so I will keep in mind this for future references and will pass this information.

See ya later my friends. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I know you have a lot of questions about this, but....I'm going to buy an Asus Zenfone to see what happens. I don't have a lot of options. Hopefully you will get it on your list soon. It has been a while. 

Best Answer
I don't know where you live, but I don't buy an ASUS any more. At one the
battery bulged and broke the phone open, and the local Asus in Singapore
just asked me to pay for the service as it is out or warranty. I am worried
if a phone manufacturer does not take breaking up of batteries inside their
equipment more serious.
Best Answer
I don't have a lot of options. I'm between an Asus and a Motorola. I've
been offered warranty at a box store. Will Asus work with Blaze?
Best Answer

Hi  @Kathleen-walks! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family!  @AlFu It's great to see you participating in our Community! Woman Very Happy

Thanks for your comments. Actually, we still don't have any information in regards when the list of compatible devices will be updated. I wouldn't like giving you any false expectations or misleading info. We know that this is something that our users need and want, that's why our team is always reviewing.

I think that you can give it a try but remember that Fitbit can't assure it will work flawless since it is not the official list. But, you have other options to keep using your Fitbit tracker, you can sync via computer, laptop, or any other compatible devices.

I recommend to post this information in our Feature Suggestions board where our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this into consideration for the future.

Have a good one!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello,

I recently ran into this problem. I purchased a new Fitbit Versa. I am now returning the product because I can not use half of the features if I chose to sync my device to my Windows 10 computer. We purchase these devices because we want the call, text, and music features to work together with our phones. Having the Fitbit features mixed with these features is something that isn't really on the market!

PLEASE make a new and improved Versa (Versa 2) that is compatible with ASUS!

Best Answer

Hey @miss_katieeee07, welcome!  It's great to see you on the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks a million for your feedback, sorry you were not able to use your Versa with your phone! You're right about using a PC, since must of the good staff as call and text notifications are used with a  phone.

Our team is always working on testing and updating our official list of supported devices. You can vote and post your comments in our Feature Suggestions Board, I found this one:  Asus ZenFone compatibility. You will notice that this suggestion is mentioning the Asus ZenFone, but if this is not the model you can post your own suggestion according your phone model or ask for a new Versa 2 with this phone compatibility.

Our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes