Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy paving pattern underneath glass

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone ever seen this on the Surge? It's like a crazy paving pattern underneath the glass. 

The watch has been temperamental when swiping for a while now, but It's unresponsive now even after a restart. It still tracks steps but I can't access any of the functions available when swiping. 

IMG_4909.jpg

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Did it get wet?

Contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Same issue... been like it for a couple weeks now (so I wouldn’t expect spontaneous recovery). I believe it is due to incidental wetness—really just cleaning the watch after a workout. Called customer service based on other posts, but because my Surge is well past the one year warranty period, all they offered was a 25% off coupon for another Fitbit device. 

They noted the device is “unrepairable.”

I bought this watch for the features. Now other companies have caught up and surpassed Fitbit. They had an opportunity to build, and perhaps capitalize on, loyalty (5+ years) but alas I am left thinking, as many others, that this company is a joke. 

Best Answer

It’s happened to both surge fitbits I have owned, shortly after I started using, say 4 months, I noticed moisture inside the watch. I never thought much until the screen stopped swiping, then shortly thereafter the screen started to crack until it fully resembled yours. The warranty was one year, so I was SOL and Fitbit was not what I’d call warm when dealing with the issue. It’s been a huge issue that has been downplayed, it’s a major flaw. The glass warranty should be three years, this way the company would be forced to resolve the issue. I also bought the polar V800, I do not like it, wasted hundreds on this. Fitbit has the better product, the heart monitor is accurate if used correctly. Fitbit was as good as the V800 keeping up with the heart rate monitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes