Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm when optimum or maximum HR is reached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi team

I'm  a 72 going on 73 hiking and walking nut.

I've noticed that at times I'm exceeding by a large margin my optimum or maximum recomended heart rate. This does worry me somewhat.

Would it not be possible for a vibrating alarm with adjustable setting to be included in the surge?

Thank you in advance

OldGrandad

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @OldGrandad! Hope you’re having an amazing time on the Forums, I’m really glad that you’ve joined us. Welcome aboard! Heart

Thanks for taking the time in placing this information here! You can take a look this suggestions to place your vote and comments there:  

- Heart Rate Warning/Alarm 

- Vibration alerts for heart rate zones

Add your votes and comments here. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs to make sure we are delivering on what our customers need. Fitbit is always striving to improve! 

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@OldGrandad, do you actually know what your recommended/maximum heart rate is?  I ask because very few folks know those numbers due to the fact the 220-Age formula is HIGHLY flawed and only a gross generalization.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The short answer is, no I dont. But working off the 220 it should be 148.I'm hitting 172-176 at times, so to my way of thinking I'm a fair bit iver my limit.However even when out on my morning walks I hit 135 so possibly its ok for me.
Cheers from old grandadBill

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@OldGrandad wrote:
The short answer is, no I dont. But working off the 220 it should be 148.I'm hitting 172-176 at times, so to my way of thinking I'm a fair bit iver my limit.However even when out on my morning walks I hit 135 so possibly its ok for me.
Cheers from old grandadBill

Ahhh, here's a reference point; my calculated max is 160, however, I routinely hit up into the 170s when I push the pace of a run and I can sustain a heart rate up in the low 160s for over an hour if I'm racing.  Odds are pretty good the 220-Age formula is a useful for you as it is for me.  Said another way, throw that formula in the trash.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your comments and yes I tend to agree. However earlie last week I was up at 172 for about 20mins at that time I was experiencing dizziness  or vertigo so for me some sort of alarm would be very helpful.
CheersBill

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OldGrandad wrote:
Thanks for your comments and yes I tend to agree. However earlie last week I was up at 172 for about 20mins at that time I was experiencing dizziness  or vertigo so for me some sort of alarm would be very helpful.
CheersBill

What was your breathing like at the time?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Breathing was  easy, I was at that time walking on flat ground, I'd left the hills behind me.So strange?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OldGrandad wrote:
Breathing was  easy, I was at that time walking on flat ground, I'd left the hills behind me.So strange?

It could also be your tracker was loose on your arm; I've noticed the further into a workout and the sweatier I get, the more likely I'll see an unusually high measured heart rate if my tracker is loose.  If I tighten it down before my run I don't see the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes