Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Band Thread

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like so many here, my band is starting to fail. My understanding is if your Surge is less than 1 year old, that is covered by warranty. If it is older, then Fitbit will offer a 25% discount. Further, if you get a warranty replacement, then when that second device fails Fitbit will not give you another one. I'd bet that most Surges will not last 2 years and probably none of us will be wearing it in 3 years.

IMO the 25% discount for out-of-warranty failures is an affront. Like I pointed out responding to someone else here, the true cost of the Surge isn't what we paid, rather it is: price + (price/1.25).....basically, you are paying for it more than once. Thus, the true cost of ownership (if you choose to play their game - which I wont), is more likely $450 to own a Surge for 2 years. Not everyone will have this problem, but too many are.

I've reviewed this forum and it appears that a new band discussion is popping up almost every day or so. It's to the point that I think the only reason to discuss bands anymore is to warn off others before they buy, as I am certain Fitbit is aware of the issue.  Today I emailed Best Buy customer service and asked them to pull this device from their product offerings (explained the problem and invited them to come here and read). I explained that it is a disservice to Best Buy's customers to sell a product that is so deeply flawed. My thinking is that if a large retailer like Best Buy exerted pressure on Fitbit, then Fitbit might redesign the device. I really like my Surge, but some here have had bands fail in 4 months - that is just absurd.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hello, hello, @Superdave60@PoppoLips@Griswold@Chris1963Man Very Happy The band of the Surge is not interchangeable, it is a one piece equipment. We do have other trackers that have interchangeable bands like the Blaze or Charge 2. You can check them out on our online store

We don't recommend to change your Surge's band because it was not design for that and you can loose the warranty if you do so. 

Thank you for your understanding. See you around. 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@SolangeE  I'm sorry but you're wrong the Surge Band IS replaceable.

Look here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8nb6Or1L0k

Yes, I support the recomendation not to try to replace it whilst the Surge is in warranty as that would indeed void the warranty.  But once a Surge is out of warranty the user CAN, if they so choose, replace the band.  

It seems many people have already done this.

Of course, FitBit could always sort their bad design/manufature out and issue replacements accordingly in stead of offering a derisory 25% the next Surge which is just as likely to fail.  And please don't make like it's a good idea to downgrade to the Blaze or Charge 2.  Many of us chose the Surge for its built in GPS, we don't want to be teathered to our mobile phones.

Best Answer