Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for StairStepper (Stairmaster)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is currently no app for a stairstepper/stairmaster.  This is one of the most popular exercises at the gym and the apple watch has this functionality.  I do the stairmaster multiple times a week so it is frustrating to not be able to get accurate calorie counts.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's a tricky one for trackers (any tracker, not just fitbits) because much of the calorie burn comes from the fact you are going uphill but the only way trackers can detect that you are going uphill is if they see a change in elevation. Not sure how they get round this.

In the meantime you can accurate calorie data if you manually log the activity:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-log-or-record-an-activity/

Best Answer

Maybe we are talking a different piece of equip, but there is an exercise setting on the Surge for stairclimber.

Best Answer

HI Maureen

Thanks, Yes I have added that.  It is not real accurate though, as it is not great at measuring steps and my heart rate monitor seems to rarely work when I am on the stairmaster.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maureen Thanks for sharing your contribution about adding the stairclimber feature that the Surge has.

@jonball22 I'd like to know if the readings that you get from the Surge when selecting the "Stairclimber" exercise is still inaccurate. If so, let me know if it shows less or more data than the Stairmaster machine.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Jon! I had a similar problem where my stairs weren't getting counted, so I found this app "Stair Master Climber". You can download it from the App Store, and you can also challenge friends with it! Give it a try and let me know if you like it https://stairmasterclimber.com/app

Best Answer
0 Votes