Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Tracking Stopped

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Walked yesterday for about an hour, and again with the dogs for 45min this morning... steps recorded, but no Auto recognition of walking. Nothing changed on the settings, auto recognise still On. This happened before and Fitbit pushed a switch and the exercise suddenly appeared in my timeline... any chance this can be pushed again please?

Yes, restarted my Surge a few times

Thanks

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hope you’re having a great day @dogenzenji! It's been a while since I don't see you here! It's funny, you mentioned that. I experience the same thing a couple of days ago, after the restart it worked just fine. In regards of the "Switch", that you're referring to. What do you mean with that? Can you give some details?  SmartTrack always works in an automatic way, so there is no option to bring it back in that way.

You can manually log the activity, so you can have your Walk in your Activity History for the day. As the tracker was picking up your steps, the total amount of them won't change but the information of your workouts will be updated. Cat Wink

To manually log an activity, open your Fitbit App > Track exercise > find the stopwatch in the upper right corner > Log exercise.

Hope this helps. Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Seems to be working again now...just went for another walk...earlier exercises not picked up but no matter

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @dogenzenji! You're welcome. Thanks for replying, in case that you notice that your tracker is not automatically recognizing your workouts, please let us know. It's always helpful to have all the insights form users.

If you're not familiar with our Discussions board, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Have a good one! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi my auto tracking and heart rate stopped working yesterday on my app only. the device is fine but the app does realy my heart rate at all and i have to manually sync the them to see my steps and activity when usually i could see it do it automatically -  i have tried it all. syncing, unsyncing, forgetting the device re adding it , re booting it, blue tooth re adding , i have done it all and it wont fix it

Best Answer

Hi @jamiefitbiy! Thanks for posting your inquiry here, I apologize for the time that it took me to reply. I noticed that you already contacted our Customer Support team. I'm glad to know that you found the way to make it work. Good job! 

In case that you have any other questions, please feel free to post your question here, I'll get back to your post! 

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes