Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery and No Help

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received the SURGE as a gift, the battery last 24 hours and needs recharge.  I go to the website for help, tab states- click to send message, click once nothing, click twice nothing, click three times nothing.  Doesn't work..  so the next tab states- click to send message using twitter- So I create an account- I get in after going thru 20 minutes of time, then I get a message stating verify your not a robot.  What The Heck..  So I finally get past that after 5 minutes- to finally type a message and hopefully get some answers- but then NOPE- I sit there IDLE then get kicked off, so I log back in and retype the message for some help- then just sit there IDLE for 15 minutes and still no help.  What is it, why say HELP then do nothing,.  I received the product because my family and friends believed in it and they have the devices also- but after this- I will insure they know what kind of support they can expect to receive when the device starts to fail.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Raybo1963Cat Happy

Hope you’re enjoying the forums! Sorry about the inconvenience you've encountered when trying to get some help. 

I would suggest cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your tracker. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. Robot wink

Then restart your Fitbit and fully charge it. I recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on a computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker.

In case that your still having issues with the battery of your Surge consider the tips on this post, when you want to conserve battery life.

Keep me posted on the resolution! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've clean the contacts with a toothbrush, use the correct charger, and left the watch on the desk and the watch DIED in 24 hours. It drains even faster if I use any of the functions on the device.  I can get about two hours of running time, 12 hours of heart monitoring, and light use forget about it.  Can the battery be replaced or repaired.? If not then let me know so I can get rid of it.

Best Answer

Hi @Raybo1963! Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshoots! Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps. In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I thank you for your help moderator.  I am not pleased that the watch cannot be fix or repaired.  Instead I was offered a 25% discount on my next fitbit watch.  I am going with a iwatch instead,. 

Best Answer

Of course @Raybo1963, my pleasure, I'm glad to help! About the information you received, I appreciate your feedback, I'll pass it along. I understand your decision, but in case that you change your mind and learn more about other Fitbit models like Ionic; you can visit https://www.fitbit.com/ionic or compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Let me know if I can further assist you. Cat Wink

Best Answer