Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery doesn't keep charge for the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I charge the surge overnight and sometimes it registers steps while plugged in annoying to a point and the other issue is the battery is fully charged in am but is basically dead by evening time does anyone have these issues
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I charge mine only when it is dead. I find it then lasts for about 5-6 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
unfortunately mine is dead at the end of every day
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously faulty then, a friend of mine is on his third one in less than a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, hey, hey, @Klaus827@JIMH0318! Thanks for joining us! Robot LOL Firs, keep in mind that if you are charging it the whole night, this is too much, and can cause battery issues. You should only charge your tracker when the battery complete drains, as @Klaus827 suggested, and it should get a full battery in about 2-3 hours. About the steps recorded while charging, is the tracker near a fan, air conditioner or something that is in constant movement or vibration?

You can try to clean the tracker's and charger's golden contacts with hand sanitizer and cotton hubs, or you can also try to restart it:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

If this doesn't improve the battery quality, you should get in contact with our Support team, they will be able to check your tracker from their internal system and tell you if it is faulty or not.

Let me know! Cat Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes