Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my fitbit completely and when I went to put it on, the screen was black. I know its not off because the back of it still had a green light on it. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @ak55153 and @SunsetRunner! Welcome to the Family! Good to hear that it worked for you @SunsetRunner.

You received some excellent steps to try! If you found them useful let's mark @SteveH's post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you.

You can read more about Accepted Solutions. If you need more help @ak55153 I’ll be more than glad to lend you a hand with that!

Please keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hopefully this is just a software glitch in which case a restart should sort it out:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

If that doesn't help then I would suspect a hardware issue and recommend contacting customer support via: contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this was very helpful ! Green lights was on & it appeared that is wasn't charging ? I went on here to see if I could find how to turn it off & It was charging Thanks so much works great again!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @ak55153 and @SunsetRunner! Welcome to the Family! Good to hear that it worked for you @SunsetRunner.

You received some excellent steps to try! If you found them useful let's mark @SteveH's post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you.

You can read more about Accepted Solutions. If you need more help @ak55153 I’ll be more than glad to lend you a hand with that!

Please keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes