Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie suppression Surge, Strava or Timezone issue?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone 

I am hoping I can get some guidance on a frustration I have with my surge when mountain biking and connected to Strava.  I have done a couple of hard rides where the calorie count is capped even though heart rate is in peak zone so clearly not accurate. I am not sure if this is a strava link issue?  If so I would like to know how to separate the two again.

This most recent occurance was more clear as I hit my daily calorie burn target on the ride only to see that 800 were subtracted from the total at the end of the ride.  All very confusing.  The only other possible issue could be that I had returned from an international trip a couple of days previously and I was not sure if time zone switch was playing a part too.

I have attached a couple of images to help visualize.  The first is the calorie burn during the day which shows the flattening of the calories per hr and the second image is the heart rate track for the day and the exercise period which shows the variation there.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards

mike

IMG_5629.jpgIMG_5637.jpgIMG_5630.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mctavish808 welcome to the Forums! 🙂 I would like to know if you where using Strava and Fitbit to record your activity? If you where using both applications to record the same activity when you log them the information of one activity is overwritten by the other and this can mess up your stats. 

Regarding your question to revoke access from Strava, you just need to go to your Dashboard settings and under applications revoke access to the app. 

Let me know if this helps! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Mctavish808 welcome to the Forums! 🙂 I would like to know if you where using Strava and Fitbit to record your activity? If you where using both applications to record the same activity when you log them the information of one activity is overwritten by the other and this can mess up your stats. 

Regarding your question to revoke access from Strava, you just need to go to your Dashboard settings and under applications revoke access to the app. 

Let me know if this helps! Woman Wink

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Hi there 

Yes I was using both fitbit and strava at the same time so the overrite makes sense.  I will follow your advice and separate the two services.

Best regards

Mike

Best Answer

Hello @Mctavish808  I'm glad to know your issue has been solved! Hope to see you around more often, if you haven't already visit our Discussions board. This is the best place to keep up on the latest news from the Fitbit team. 

Happy stepping! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AngelaMa,

I log with Fitbit and Garmin and Strava, Fit bit decides to overwrite some information from Garmin/ Strava, why?

I have been in it since 1976, to overwrite is either lousy coding or a total lack of confidence in your own product.

Can I suppress the calorie information all together, as you don't keep it!

Best Answer
0 Votes