Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Fitbit Surge battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a Fitbit surge off of a buy sell trade and the lady said it was new. I'm having trouble getting it to stay charged. am I not leaving it on the charger long enough? how do I stop my battery from draining. it doesn't even last a whole day 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the forums @gartmaly

You need to take care it's not been on the charger too long. Did the lady ever use it? Guess it's not where you can return it if you're unable to get it to act properly.

The Surge user manual and related help articles can be found here - click

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

she said she never has but I'm not sure I believe it if it won't hold a charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you first got the Surge @gartmaly, did it have a message of http://www.fitbit.com/setup? If it did not then it had been setup before.

As for charging once the Surge says it is charged leaving it on for a longer time will not help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no it didn't and ok thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! Are you charging in the wall or through your PC? You need to make sure to use the charging cord provided and charge through your computer, not a wall unit,  after letting the battery FULLY deplete. Hope this is not redundant information! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a wall. I don't have a computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gartmaly, since it did not have the setup message, we know that the tracker had been turned on setup, and maybe charged. 

When plugging the Surge in to Charge you will feel a vibration and should see the battery icon with the charge status in the top left. There will also be a plus sign to the right of the bsttery sugnifying that it is charging. 

One thing you dhould try is using a little isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes