Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged wristband!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I received a Surge in April as a gift and I love it. However, the rubber has started coming away from the face of the watch at the top and bottom of the face. I don't have a receipt as it was a gift so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they were able to fix it? I've tried to upload a pic but the photo uploader isn't working.

Thanks!.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can try and contact Fitbit. Let they know it was a gift. They might help

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

You can try and contact Fitbit. Let they know it was a gift. They might help

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Fretters22! I'll have to agree with @WendyB, for hardware issues it's best to reach them, you can let them know that it was a gift and they'll be more than glad to help you with this. Smiley Happy

I also encourage you to  to mark @WendyB's post as the solution if you found it helpful. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here. Heart

See you around! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks for the advice folks, I contacted Fitbit directly and the customer service was fantastic. They are replacing my product:-)

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Fancy seeing you here @Fretters22! It's great to know that you're getting your replacement, thank you for taking the time to let me know that you got a resolution for your case. Smiley Very Happy

If you have time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.Smiley Wink

I’ll see you around the Community! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have had trouble free use with my surge since receiving it as a gift last Xmas from my husband.  The strap has just started to split underneath the watch although luckily still usable.  I hope there is a solution to this because I love it and rely on it greatly, logging my calories eaten etc.  Can't imagine  going to the gym without it!

I have heard that aftercare is excellent from Fitbit and have just e mailed them with a piccy of my strap, wish me luck!

Best Answer

Wow, that's encouraging. Glad to hear that!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Debz47! It's great to know that you're enjoying your Fitbit Surge and Dashboard. I know they're great to help you with your calories! If you already email them, then just wait for their response, I'm sure they will be more than glad to assist you! Smiley Very Happy

Good luck and I hope to see you around! Heart

Best Answer

Robot Happy Hi Yojana, I am over the moon with the after care from Fitbit, my new Fitbit is on its way to me, their communication was excellent! Very Happy! Thank you.

Best Answer

Great seeing you here @Debz47!  I'm happy to know that they took care of you. Thanks for the heads up! I hope to see you around, take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. Heart

Keep up the super stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

My Surge wristband actually deteriorated! I contacted support and they told me it could not be replaced. I found replacement band, took to remove old band, retaining loop and buckle very easily at Amazon. Very poor customer service and support from Fitbit!!!!!

Best Answer

Hi @TOCALI'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us! Smiley Happy

That's definitely a good workaround. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. I've checked your case with our Customer Support team, and I'd suggest to check the Fitbit warranty and replacement conditions to have a better understand of  the response that your received from them; since the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our warranty consistently.

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

The same has just happened to my 2nd Surge! Started off looking like an air bubble and now it's coming away at the bottom of the face of the watch! VERY disappointed with this product!

Best Answer

Exactly the same here. I'm on my third now and it's doing the very same thing with the strap. It's such a shame as it's a brilliant device otherwise. When they replaced it for a second time. they told me they'd changed the way they are made so it shouldn't be a problem now. Obviously that isn't the case.

I'd try one of the others but the Surge is the only one with built-in GPS and I use this feature a lot.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing this information with us! I'd like to know if you already contacted our Support Team, since in case that you haven't  I can give you a hand with that. Please let me know if you want me to open a new case for you to check your warranty options.

Hey there @Fretters22! Sorry for the inconvenience that you had with your bands. Did you contact our Support Team? If you're thinking in getting another Fitbit, you might consider the Fitbit Ionic that has exchangeable bands, built-in GPS, and some other extra features. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Keep me posted guys! Woman Happy

Best Answer
I bought a Blaze instead!
Best Answer

Oh! Great, congrats! That's a great option since it has a color LCD display. Thanks for the heads up @SunsetRunner! If you need help to set it up or any other question, we'll be here to help! Smiley Very Happy

Have a good one! Heart

Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand,

My Charge HR (which I love and also have other fitbit products such as the Aria) has also come apart between the strap connecting to the top of the watch such that it has been completely disconnected from the body of the watch.  I can snap it back into place but that is just a temporary fix as if it gets bumped in the wrong way then it falls off my wrist and hits the floor!  How can I get this fixed? 

Thank you!

Dan

Best Answer
0 Votes