Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data wrong \

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge is not tracking correctly.  For example - Thursday - 83 active minutes. 6600 steps.  2.7 miles.  2384 calories burned.   Today (Sunday) - 128 active minutes.  12,588 steps. 5.61 miles.  2183 calories burned.  

Clearly this is not correct.  I have changed nothing - wearing my surge on my non dominant hand, etc.  How can I have almost twice as many active minutes, almost double the distance and steps and yet burn less calories.  

How do I know if my past data has been correct?  

A tad bit frustrated as I am tracking all of this data for my fitness goals and today's data is throwing me off quite a bit.   Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

My device is less than 8 months. Thank you 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there, @Misslynndean! Welcome to the Family! I would like to check with you why you're getting those different numbers in regards of  you data. One of the first things that we need to check is the activity that you're doing. In order to do so I will suggest using the Fitbit.com Dashboard on a computer to have a better view of your activities and calories burned, so we can also check your Active Minutes information. Smiley Wink

Once you're logged in into your Fitbit Account > click on Log > Activity > Choose the date (you will have the Steps and Calories Burned view too). See attached picture:

Active Minutes from 27th.png

As you can see the graphic will show the time line of your steps/calories throughout the day. Below that graphic you will see the Activity History, so you can check your daily activities. It gives date, name of activity, steps given, distance, duration, calories and if you click on the View Details option; you will get more information for examples your maps from your Runs. Smiley Happy

Please note that your active minutes will be taken from your high intensity level exercises and they are represented as yellow lines on the calories burned option, green lines are the moderate level. For more information about Active Minutes check this post. Woman Wink

Please note that you will see the option "Calories burned" in that graphic, so you can check the calories throughout the day.

Once you have checked that information, please let me know if you have doubts about. 

I'll be around! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer