Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Fitbit Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In January 2016, I purchased a fitbit surge to replace my fitbit charge hr. With within 1 year of purchase, my surge completely shut down and wouldn't turn on or pair with my phone. So I contacted customer service and told them what was going on, they shipped me a replacement and I shipped the defective one back to them. Fast forward to 3 days ago, March 2018, my replacement fitbit surge stopped pairing with my phone but still operated normally. So I attempted to do a reset and didn't have success. So this morning, I contacted Fitbit and told them what was going on, I spent 3 hours on the phone, spoke to 8 different people via chat and support calls and the best they could offer me was a 25% discount on the purchase of a new fitbit item. Yes, even though they agreed that the item was defective and wasn't caused by anything I did as a user, they refused to send me a replacement. Fitbit should be embarrassed by how they rip people off by selling substandard items marked through the roof. I will no longer advocate for fitbit or use their products, which is a **ahem** shame because I used my fitbit every day. But no more. I hope you all don't run in to the same BS issues that i have.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @joel.mccullough, welcome to our Community.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge replacement. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each case is reviewed by our Customer Support so we can offer you the best option using your warranty information. If you have more questions about your case you can contact them back to further assistance. 

But we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

See you around! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes