Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling vibration notification for daily goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love the notification for reaching a daily goal (cal burned, in my case) but this often happens after I go to bed and the last thing I want at this time is to have my Surge vibrating. I have lowered my daily goal so that it happens earlier in the day but I'd rather just turn off the vibration. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or figured out another work-around? Thanks!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Sandman56,

Welcome to the community!

You can set that alert to be something other than your calorie burn goal in the device settings.  Most folks have it set to their step goal.  This way when you reach that daily goal, it'll buzz, but unless you're doing a lot of moving while you sleep (and that's only if you haven't reached your goal), then it'll likely never wake you.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sandman56 welcome on board! Yup changing your goal option, mine is steps and I always reach it while I'm walking back to home. If you're thinking about something different like turning off this option, you can voice this idea and share it in our Feature Request board. I found an idea like yours and feel free to vote and submit your comment to add more details. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 for disabling vibrate goal alert, at least after a certain time!!!

I was in deep sleep and my device HAD to wake up just so I could know that I had reached my calorie goal - yay!

Seriously, this is ridiculous.  We should not have to cripple the goal alert just to avoid being woken up at stupid hours.

Best Answer