Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake data after setup my Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Surge from my Brother-in-Law as he couldn't use it anymore. Last night (Jan 31st 2017) I setup an account for myself, with my own email, and synced up the device to my phone, and yet I have data for early January, which I'm pretty sure is his. Not only that but I have badges for 25 miles walked, 25 floors climbed, and 15,000 steps in a day. I've had this on my wrist for less than 24 hours at this point, and 7.5 hours of that was me sleeping.  What the heck is wrong with this product/device? From what I've read online there is no way to reset your profile / account (pathedict development choice by the way), and while some have had success with making new accounts to 'reset' this is a brand new account and it did this old data non-sense, so I'm not overly confident in that working either.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for popping by the forums @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to see you here! Thanks for all the details and the feedback in regards of what happened to your new Surge. Sorry about this inconvenience. This is not normal, this is a irregularity of the setup process, since as soon as you pair a tracker in a new Fitbit Account it starts recording data that specific day. There is no way to reset the information on the Account, but I recommend restarting the tracker and use a different email to set it up again. 

Fitbit trackers can store daily totals for up to 30 days, but if you reset it and try a different Fitbit Account, it should work just fine. Later on please contact Customer Support, so they can delete the account you just created, so in case that you want to use that email address it will be free to use. You will find the way to switch emails in the Settings from the Fitbit.com Dashboard.

Keep me posted with the outcome!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for popping by the forums @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to see you here! Thanks for all the details and the feedback in regards of what happened to your new Surge. Sorry about this inconvenience. This is not normal, this is a irregularity of the setup process, since as soon as you pair a tracker in a new Fitbit Account it starts recording data that specific day. There is no way to reset the information on the Account, but I recommend restarting the tracker and use a different email to set it up again. 

Fitbit trackers can store daily totals for up to 30 days, but if you reset it and try a different Fitbit Account, it should work just fine. Later on please contact Customer Support, so they can delete the account you just created, so in case that you want to use that email address it will be free to use. You will find the way to switch emails in the Settings from the Fitbit.com Dashboard.

Keep me posted with the outcome!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit Just wanted to follow up (and sorry for the huge delay) Your steps did work for fixing the issue, although I ended up having to do the new account process twice for some reason for it purge the data correctly. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner! You're welcome. I'm glad to know that you were able to find a way to purge the data correctly, I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time. Smiley Embarassed But please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes