Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, Surge newbie so I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere - I've spent some time reading the forums but not found what I need.

How/where does one find out

a) what version of the firmware one's own Surge is running

b) what the most recent firmware version is?

My experience so far is of a rather clunky, non-streamlined interface where I seem to be constantly looking for things, rather than things presenting themselves to me in smooth and easy-to-use ways. Beginning to think that Fitbit is trading on its name when charging so much for the same stuff other manufacturers provide more stylishly and more cheaply 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

touch the left button,swipe to settings, touch the lower right button, swipe up or down to firmware. Mine is at 16.34.5.14 and I don't think the surge has been updated in some time. Emujo

Best Answer

Great - found that on the Surge now. Thanks, Emujo. All I need to do now is find confirmation somewhere online of what the latest firmware version is. They don't like to make it simple, do they?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tchaik Using  "FitBit Connect" click  on "Device update" it will tell you if your Surge is "up to date". Mine also is 16.34.5.14. 🙂

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to do what you've suggested?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tchaik FitBit Connect is the (free downloaded from FitBit.com) software used with a computer to setup, sync and update your tracker. Not having a smartphone (I know but I really don't need one) I don't use the smartphone app. I suspect the app works in a similar fashion. When you manually sync (with the app? or FitBit Connect) you can also check for updates. I'm afraid that's the best I can do. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Thank-you very much for your help. I now understand how to check which version my device is using, but not how/where to find online what the official current version is, to make sure they match. I'm increasingly discovering that FitBit don't really make things as smooth and streamlined as they ought to be!

Best Answer

The following help file shows the latest firmware versions and the changelogs:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1372/

Best Answer

Thank-you very much, Steve; sorry for such a slow reply. It's the first time I've visited the forums since.

Best Answer
0 Votes