Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The issue is the replacement of a strap keeper possibly costing Fitbit two or three cents.  The original strap keeper on my Surge split and fell off the band.  To this point I have been offered a 25% discount on a new Tracker (although the current tracker is operationally sound), been advised that repair out of warranty is not possible, and that there is not a repair function for Fitbit trackers.  None of which answer the simple question of "Where can I obtain the moulded part to prevent the excess strap from catching on my shirtsleeve?" (They are apparently available on eBay.).

This style of boxed-in thinking reflects poorly upon the company and renders employees incapable of providing even limited satisfaction to the consumer.  The question asked was simple: I require a small, obviously separately moulded part to replace a failed component.  The answers have been ludicrously extended, completely inappropriate to the circumstance, and devoid of even basic logic.

I am going to Garmin

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I've noticed you are new around @Codger, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Cat Happy

Sorry about your Surge band. I appreciate the time you took to place your comments in regards to your Customer Support interaction. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help to our users. Please know that we provide feedback to our team; based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

In regards to your inquiry, you might want to take a look to @Marrrmaduke's post, since apparently some users have found really helpful this piece of advice, to find sleeves for their bands. I'd recommend checking your Fitbit warranty too, to have a better understanding of our Customer Support response in regards of the option they offered you. This information might vary depending on each scenario and warranty conditions.

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tell me one aspect of the post content which Is inaccurate or inflammatory?

More recently I have been told that the firmware requires update (not yet available) in order for the Surge to communicate notifications to the Galaxy S8.  So I have a new Surge which cannot communicate with my phobe and has catarastrophically short battery life.  Do you consider the statement of fact in an open forum inflammatory?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Codger! It's always great to see all comments about our product. 

We appreciate you keep sharing your experience with our products in the Fitbit Community Forums.  The Forums are designed to provide a place for customers to seek and receive help from other community members, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic.

I'm sorry to know that you'we having issues with your Fitbit Surge, since it should be able to receive text notifications from any compatible device under the syncing requirements; the last update sent to the Surge software should be working fine, if your Surge was able to update it I can't think in any reason why it is not connecting unless the battery issue is avoiding connectivity. I've checked with our Team and I noticed you've had some interaction with them already. If it is anything else I can help please let me know. 

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I agree with earlier message...re: lack of repairs for Fitbit concerns.  I asked again and again, where is your Fitbit Repair Shop so I can mail my Fitback back for minor repairs....  Response:  Sorry we do not have a Fitbit Repair Shop.....  All we offer is a 25% discolunt for you to purchase a new Fitbit.  Not good customer service.  My wife and I both have Fitbits.  This is my second one due to minor damage....  Not happy with customer service at all... Ken 

Best Answer
0 Votes