Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Hello @lkwkelvin welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 I've haven't seen any report of this so far, are you still experiencing this issue? If you are, I would like to ask a few questions to better understand this: what is your phone model and operating system? Have you tried to restart the tracker? 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
Hi Angela

Yes, I still encounter this issue. I tried restart my tracker few times but it didn't resolve the problem.

I'm currently using iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2. Appreciate your help, thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

hi @AngelaMa 

Yes, I still encounter this issue. I tried restart my tracker few times but it didn't resolve the problem.

I'm currently using iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2. Appreciate your help, thanks!

Regards

Kelvin

Best Answer

Hello @lkwkelvin hope you are having a great day! Thanks for the information, as mentioned before I haven't seen any report of this so far so I want to ask you more questions Smiley Embarassed, was this the first time you where trying to set up the tracker to use music control? Did you follow the steps on the help article: How do I set up my Surge to control music playing on my mobile device?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Hi @AngelaMa Just for your info, my phone doesn't restart the tracker. The problem happens when I turn on my tracker Bluetooth Classe to ON, then the tracker will automatically restart by itself. 😞 

Nop, it wasn't my first time to setup the tracker to use for music control, the tracker was working fine with the bluetooth classic.

Have a nice day!

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as well. Can't sync with my phone and computer since then. Can't switch off the bluetooth classic as it will reboot all the time.

Best Answer
Having the exact same issue since the last update in Dec. In the tracker bluetooth classic has 3 settings (off, on, pair). Currently mine is set on off but when I change it will reboot and go back to off. I can't even toggle to pair.
Reason for changing the setting: my phone, laptop can't connect to my fitbit surge tracker at all. Tried to remove and reinstall but facing the same problem. Also tried to reset the tracker by holding all 3 buttons for 15 sec and still same issue.
Is their any way I can go back to the previous firmware.?Or any solutions to solve this?
Best Answer
Phone: Samsung s6+. Laptop: windows 10....tried with both fitbit connect and fit but app for win 10. No luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same problem.

Have you fixed it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not yet. still having the same problem until today...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem isn't the android device...

When I turn on the Bluetooth from my fitbit Surge, it restarts on its on. My phone's bluetooth can be on or off... it makes no difference. The problem is within my watch, software or hardware. But i don't know if i can upgrade my device via USB, if they release a new update fixing the problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is someone from fitbit seing this thread and taking action? Because this is not an Android issue, and personaly, I'm sick of people saying that.

Best Answer
The only way I can get the surge to sync with my phone just to download the data into the app/server is by tapping the home button (single button on the left) on and off 25 times. The surge seems to reboot and once it's back on just press sync on the app. I have tried this method for 2 days now with success. Only issue here is the bluetooth sync drops later on....I don't know when and can't be bothered to find out. Hope this method works for everyone else and really hope the support guys are reading this. This is not a fix though.....just enough to get your data downloaded to the app at the day end or whenever.
Best Answer
Looks like the bluetooth goes off a few mins after syncing. Meaning I cannot sync anymore unless I follow the above. Fitbit support.....it's definitely a Bluetooth problem on the surge after the last firmware update. Is there any way we can go back until you guys resolve this
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Started yesterday. Galaxy 5 Active. Won't sync and if I turn bluetooth classic on, it reboots. Bluetooth on my phone isn't the problem as it works in my car and with my headphones. Help quick! I have friends that are passing me in rankings!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recieve and e-mail from the support. I told excacly what was happening, that I wasn't able to turn the bluetooth from my surge on, i sent a video showing the problem and everything.

Their answere... Remove your device from your account, restart your device, and try setting up your tracker as a new device.

How many times do I have to say the bluetooth isn't working. But i did what he said just so I could reply to them, asking for a plausible solution. I really feel like they are not listeling. They talked about sending me a new device, but I the surge costed me R$800,00, but now the dollar is high, and the taxes here in Brazil are insane (60%). I think I will have to pay R$675,00 of taxes to get it!

And if they can't solve this problem, I don't think this watch is worth it.

Please, go to the help page and try sending an e-mail (so they can have time to think of a solution, the chat is worthless) explaining everything, do as i did, send a video of the problem. Let's see if they can help us, and if they do, please tell us. I replied, the e-mail, saying one more time - "My Bluetooth isn't working!" - as soon as i get an answere, I will post here

Best Answer

Well, i "fixed a little bit mine"

When the battery died, I just let it dead for a week, and then I started trying to turn on the bluetooth and pass the "on" status to the "pair" one. One time i did it... but the tracked turned of as usual.

After that, my surge is aways on the pair position... the problem remains, I can't change from pair to "off" or "on".

I hope when the next firmware is released, they fix this...

Best Answer

Any solutions to this problem as yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me - when I switch on BT classic on the Surge, it resets.  All on its own.  Restarts not helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes