Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Stuck on Fitbit Logo feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit Surge for over a year and twice now the Fitbit Logo was stuck on the screen and will not go away no matter how many hard restarts (2 button, 3 button) or battery drains you do.  The watch did it once about the 6 month mark, but somehow corrected itself.  Now, its done it again and no matter what I do does it correct itself.  I've been using my old reliable $15.00 watch for now, but it just doesnt have a GPS.

I did call Fitbit and they would not do anything because I got this as a gift.  And no, I the person who gave the gift did not save the receipt (and then felt bad because their gift broke).

But beside the point, this issue is not uncommon.  I found quite a few people with the same problem as me.  This is an obvious defect with this product that doesn't seem to be seriously pursued by the people at Fitbit.  Ive had one other fitbit product (Zip) and both this and the Surge had setup issues, connectivity (sync) issues, and now this never disappearing logo (Surge only).

As a serious runner, I rely a lot on my watches to track my runs and run times (and shoes, but that's beside the point.)  I dont think I'll use Fitbit products any more just because they just have been substandard and given headaches at one time or another.  These trackers/watches are not cheap, and if someone is going to get the  most out of their money, they might want to seriously look elsewhere for better products and customer service such as Garmin, Tom Tom, or Suunto.   I bought my son a Garmin watch 7 months ago, for half the price of the Surge, and it has had no issues...at all.

I just wanted to post this to save others some trouble down the line.  If your watch works great, awesome.  Sorry Fitbit, but for me, I'm looking elsewhere. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @matheteis!Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks a million for your thoughts in regards your Fitbit Surge. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

One more thing to mention is that you can always read the Returns and Warranty policies from Fitbit so you can have a better understanding of the response they provided you. If you have additional questions in regards of your options, please feel free to contact them back to get more information about it. 

Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through.  And while customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

I'll be around in case that you have additional questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply!

The issue here is not so much the warranty/return policy of the product (in my case) as it is pointing out a major defect of the product that doesnt seem to have been corrected as of yet for a couple years.  Once this problem occurs on the watch, it leaves the user with no tool for their sport.  Absolutely no way to track their runs.  I didnt even refer to the battery drain issue and other small problems I had with the Surge.  I'm sure a quick search in the forum will show the same issues.

I just wanted to highlight to other users that the (roughly) $250.00 they spend on an item should be reliable  Their money might be better spent on other competitive products in the market until Fitbit can match that level of quality and reliability.

Thanks again community!  Its been great!

Best Answer

Thanks for your comments about our product and services @matheteisSmiley Happy

I understand where you're coming from and I really appreciate your feedback, this is the best way to make your voice heard.

Have you checked our? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem and my fitbit is 14 months old so just out of warranty. It was always working fine bit now is stuck on the fitbit logo. It definitely appears that this is not an isolated incident as ALOT of people habe had the same issue. 

I am now looking around quickly for a replacement fitness watch as you build up a reliance on these for motivation, personal goals etc. I don't think i will be choosing fitbit as i cannot find a clear solution to this problem, or root cause.

Best Answer

It is unfortunate for Fitbit.

I have since switched to the Garmin 235.  Excellent watch, great features, unreal battery time, and absolutely problem free--unlike all the fitbits I ever owned.  Each one I owned I had problems before they became unuseable.

Best Answer

I just purchased a Garmin 235 as well (20mins ago!) I read some reviews and recommended from a couple of friends. Love it so far, just need to set it up.

Best Answer

Thanks for your participation in the forums @SunsetRunner and @matheteis.

I really appreciate the time you took to place your feedback here. Sorry to hear that you decided to go in a different direction. I'll pass this information to our team, as a company we value users' comments to evaluate and determine what we need to change in future updates. Thanks again for sharing this information.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer