Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge not syncing since the Latest update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Am unable to sync my Surge through Bluetooth, since I updated my Fitbit mobile app yesterday.

Is anyone else having trouble syncing their device after the latest software update.

However, am able to sync the data through the USB cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Are you using the Android app? A few people are having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync my Fitbit Surge with my Samsung S5 Android phone since 27th September 2017, because since then I have needed a password to log in and had not set one up during the setup process. Passwords I tried didn't work, but I finally found one that worked today. Unfortunately when trying to sync, to the Surge it goes through the rotating image routine but stops with a red exclamation mark.

The firmware version I'm using is 16.34.5.14. Any advice please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too, is not connecting with blue tooth both pc and mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are facing this issue after recent update right ?

Do let me know in case you come with a solution for this !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rishi, 

Did you also try removing you device and pairing it again?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I even called their customer care.  They are saying that case is under review.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After recent update my surge is not syncing automatically everytime I have to uninstall the app and reinstall and repeat the process again .Even I have downloaded older version what the problem is not solved..Please help.

Best Answer

After recent update my surge is not syncing automatically everytime I have to uninstall the app and reinstall and repeat the process again .Even I have downloaded older version what the problem is not solved..Please help..l am using OnePlus 6 T

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since getting the latest software update My surge has also had problems linking with my android phone and as of Saturday night it has stopped syncing altogether. Has anyone found what the issue is yet? Is there a way to rollback to the old version that worked?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's how I fixed sync issues with my LG V35:

If Surge shows as "Paired" in the BlueTooth screen on your phone, un-pair it, turn off BT and restart phone. Restart Surge. In Settings on the Surge, turn on BT Classic to "pair" and turn on phone BT. You should get a 5 or 6 digit number on the Surge that matches the BT screen on the phone. Click OK if needed, then turn off the phone BT again. Then start the Fitbit app and navigate to set up new device. The software will ask permission to turn on BT, click yes. Then you'll get the 4-Digit number on the Surge to type into the app. The rest of the setup completed without delay and it's worked for the rest of the day, capturing steps and heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes