Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge stopped working after swimming.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was swimming  on a pond of depth around 3 meter for an hour or less and i remembered that it had battery more than 50% (enough bars) .After exit from the pond i noticed that it was working perfectly for couple of minutes but as soon as i discovered that my Fitbit Surge stopped working , no display on screen, no sensor blinks, no anything. I thought the battery must be ended, i didn't charged it after reaching home and  left it on home for 3/4 days without charging.  

But now i just tried to charge it but it is not responding . It used to vibrate on the connection of charging cable and show the charging status on battery. But my Fitbit Surge is completely dead now  it is not responding. I think i  have lost it within 6 months of purchase. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The Surge is not Waterproof and should not be used for swiming

I would put it in Rice for a few days to see if comes back. But it might not as you said you tried to charge it which will also ruin the battery when wet

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

But they said it is waterproof as on the product description and it used to work so many times after bath though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is from the "Specs" section for the Surge from the Fitbit store: 

Water Resistance

Fitbit Surge is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof or shower proof. With any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes