Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it wont do anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The strap busted on my Surge, got a replacement, now I an trying to set it up the same as my old one (I deleted the old Surge)

Trying to set  up this replacement is hard, I keep getting this message (com.fitbit.HTTP error)

It don't do anything, I cant get past it

This is the 4th replacement I have had because the strap is rubbish (and the only ones they  have left are small or large and black)

Its not stopping me doing anything, I still go to the gym, walking, hiking, but I like to see the results on my Surge

I have tried everything on the Surge, settings, but its not even there, no exercises, walking, weights

Any ideas, suggestions, please

(I been mucking about with this since yesterday, and have got nowhere

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I called fitbit, they talked me through the set up again, never worked, so they sent another replacement, worked perfectly after it was set up

There has to be a fault with the other replacement

Oh, well this fitbit is all I can afford at the moment

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Ok so have you tried resetting your Fitbit surge. If you have and it is still not working then make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course I have tried resetting the Surge, as for the internet, I cant get it any stronger than my provider gives me (50MPS) its  their highest than can provide, pretty much the same as the WiFi

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Derrick241 If you still want a usable Surge contact Customer Support and tell them the replacement they sent doesn't work. Welcome to the world of Fitbit quality.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@VF31AE3 wrote:

@Derrick241 If you still want a usable Surge contact Customer Support and tell them the replacement they sent doesn't work. Welcome to the world of Fitbit quality.

And that is your best advice ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Derrick241 I don't work for Fitbit. I'm a user like you. I'm on my fourth (three warranty replacements) and final Surge (and it's the last Fitbit I will ever own because of the quality). If your Surge doesn't respond there are only two possibilities. 1). Do what you can with the Surge or 2) When all else fails go to the manufacturer. The unit is sealed. Not even the battery is replaceable. If you browse the Surge Forum you'll see the kinds of on going problems the thing has had since 2015. You're not the only one. Also the Surge has been discontinued and replaced by the Ionic (It has it's own huge sets of problems) so if you want (and can get) another replacement time is running out. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

I haven't been able to find any topics with my problem

I only bought a fitbit after going through several chines ones, they were hopeless but cheap, I gave 'em to the  kids, they are pretty hopeless,

Like you, its my 4th one, good thing is I don't have to pay for replacements

My wife has  had a charge 2 and never had any problems  with her's

I have  sent off another email to fitbit, no reply as of yet, maybe a phone call Monday

I know there are other fitness trackers  out there, but even they are plagued by various problems and I don't know what their warranties are like, at least fitbit just replaces them, no arguments

I am not paying 300  quid for an ionic, that is just too much, no matter what its supposed to do, I'll go back to a stop watch first

Thanks for the reply anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called fitbit, they talked me through the set up again, never worked, so they sent another replacement, worked perfectly after it was set up

There has to be a fault with the other replacement

Oh, well this fitbit is all I can afford at the moment

Best Answer
0 Votes