Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app dropping steps to averages?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed a drop in reported steps following some of my weekend walks - drops of 3000, 4000 and even 8000 steps in a day. This drop occurs when the Surge syncs. In fact watching it I can see that initially the App shows the correct number of steps and then both the watch and the app show the lower number.

In the past I assumed there was some sort of correction but have realised that it must be a bug given the following investigation:

The 1st clue was that Fitbit shows (on a number of occasions) exactly the same number of steps taken per 15 minutes over a 3/4/5 hour period! When I compared my GPS sports watch data I can see that Fitbit credited me with exactly 675 steps between;

14:30 and 14:45 - when I was sitting down eating a sandwich and

15:30 and 15:45 - when I covered just under 1.9 km meaning my each step is 2.8m (9 ft)

I have reset/reloaded/re everything but still getting the same silly results.

Does Fitbit have a maximum per minute limit or is there an averaging?

Something is very wrong leaaving the Fitbit data pretty close to pointless.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hope you’re having an amazing time on the Forums, I’m really glad that you’ve joined us @andyccf. Welcome aboard! Heart

That's odd! Thanks a lot for trying those steps to troubleshoot this issue. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've requested to our a Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes