Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit surge feedback

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a surge that completely start coming apart.  The surge is my everyday watch. I do not track exercises only heart rate and steps that I take through out the day when I am walking through my building.  I sit behind a desk most of the time.  This watch is price too high to constantly have these problems. My second watch has also came apart.   Be ware.  I recommend a different company that at least give you a repair option.  

Moderator edit: Clarified subject / Word Choice

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Junksurge, @Ken37 and @AlanSA! Thanks for placing your comments in this thread!  I really appreciate your feedback, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I just wanted to clarify that Fitbit don't want to create frustration to our users, that's why we're taking your feedback very seriously; rest assure our team will be receiving this information. Sorry for the inconvenience that you're having while we're in the way to our main purpose that is to deliver a product that users will find productive and useful. Once again thanks for being part of our family and provide rich feedback to us.

I've passed along your comments and complains! In case that you haven't do so, please let me know if you need me to get in touch with our Support Team to open a case for you so they can check your warranty options!

See you around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I agree. My first Fitbit Surge lasted 6 months and then stopped working, just a blank screen that would not restart. It was replaced by iStore the local agents. The new one worked for 15 months before the touch and swipe screen started giving trouble. The strap was also coming apart. I eventually took it back to the iStore who are the local agents and they said they don't repair Fitbit trackers but would keep it to evaluate how much discount I will get on a new one. Maybe up to 25%. This means that after paying R4000 ( $350 ) I have to pay R3000 because these junk watches are throw away pretty soon after the warranty expires.

I don't think so, I will be looking at another option for sure.

Best Answer

Disappointed. 

Dim. 

Impossible to read to navigate. 

No one likes feeling ripped off. 

Best Answer

Hi @Junksurge, @Ken37 and @AlanSA! Thanks for placing your comments in this thread!  I really appreciate your feedback, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I just wanted to clarify that Fitbit don't want to create frustration to our users, that's why we're taking your feedback very seriously; rest assure our team will be receiving this information. Sorry for the inconvenience that you're having while we're in the way to our main purpose that is to deliver a product that users will find productive and useful. Once again thanks for being part of our family and provide rich feedback to us.

I've passed along your comments and complains! In case that you haven't do so, please let me know if you need me to get in touch with our Support Team to open a case for you so they can check your warranty options!

See you around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I purchased my Fitbit Surge thru the CANEX, costly plan. The wrist band bubbled and started to come apart and then stopped working, less than 6 months after purchase. I was offered the cheaper Blaze since fitbit said they don't make black bands anymore. I am still paying for the more costly Surge for the cheaper model that doesn't work as good. Very Unhappy with Fitbit response. Oh, they can read your Fitbit, if your computer is linked to your FITBIT.

Best Answer

@kimodland If you only problem is the band, Amazon & E-bay sell aftermarket bands and YouTube has "how to videos". FYI. The Surge has been discontinued and replaced by the Ionic. Best of luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Bought my Surge in January of 2016 and has had to be replaced now four times because the bands keep bubbling apart and getting shredded. My fifth Surge, MY fifth Surge, which I've only had for maybe 6 months, is now falling apart again. I was online with Fitbit support yesterday and was informed that because my Surge is well past warranty, the only option was to accept a 25% "loyalty" discount and buy a new tracker. I think a $350 (CDN) tracker should last more than two years. I have also purchased for different family members, two Flex, a Charge, a Charge HR and the Aria scale.

Very disappointed!

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @marcobaart and @kimodland! I appreciate your comment @VF31AE3.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

About your comment @kimodland your information remains safe and rest assured that our products have been designed with security in mind. For details about our privacy policy and how we use your data, see our article.

See you around.

Best Answer

Same experience. Mine is a hand me down from my wife. First the band (which I replaced) now the watch case is falling apart. These watches are not worth the money.

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @JohnPDX!

Thanks for your feedback. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Thanks for confirming, anything that you need let me know. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer

No you won't see me around any more. I've had same problem with my surge wristband. Same warranty problem and bad discount for replacement. And the kicker is you no longer make an extra large wristband. The large goes to 8.1 inches and I need 9.1. so good bye. 

Best Answer

Hi @Thomasg_1, thanks for taking the time to respond. I understand your point and I wanted to let you know that we've pass this information to our team. Sorry that you feel that since our main goal is to help our users to achieve their goals. Thanks again for sharing.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!  

Best Answer