Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi since 8th June my surge will not sync to my Samsung Galaxy phone. I have reset the device including Bluetooth settings and still no different. Could somebody please advise?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40
Best Answer
Thanks for the tips and guidance, but still no difference. This now
approaching my fourth day with the same fault.
Best Answer

I have same problem. Had problems since 8th June. I have followed all of the recommendations but can’t get it to sync.

Best Answer

I had a similiar problem and had to delete and re-pair (ha) my Surge with my Iphone - that worked for a while, but would not 'autosync' like it would lose the pairing with the phone - so to make it sync, I've have to set my Surge to Pair, and my phone would - find it again - the screen said 'looking' and once it found it and was already 're - paired' it would sync.

None of the history on Surge was lost, so all my steps/activities sync'd afterwards - good luck!

Best Answer
Thank you for the advice. I will try this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Nice to see you in the Forums @Ikb1806 and @claudie_hp, welcome! Thanks for the great help @Ozzie65 and @mbmarchantSmiley Happy

Thanks for all the troubleshooting steps that you've tried until now. Please check that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date then you can try the following steps to reconnect your Surge: Android and iOS platforms.

Keep me posted on the resolution or if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am also having a problem with my surge not syncing. I deleted the surge from the FitBit app, removed it from the bluetooth connection, and then tried to add the surge back to the app.  The setup will not complete.  After I agree to the terms and policies, it then just sits there searching..... It won't advance past this step. Help!!!

Best Answer

Try resetting the watch to PAIRING - mine shut off and then sync'd afterwards.

Best Answer
Thanks I did try this. I have bought a new watch which has solved the problem.

Thanks for advice

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @eaper1. Thanks for getting back @mbmarchant and @claudie_hp!

Thanks for trying those steps guys! @eaper1 What model of phone or PC are you using? Please check that both are up to date before to try the steps again. Let me know if you're getting an specific error message.

@mbmarchant that's a good advice. I'm glad to see that yours is syncing now.

@claudie_hp I appreciate the time and effort you've done to troubleshoot your old tracker, sorry it didn't work for you. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Yojana! Thanks for the welcome!! My phone is the iPhone 6 with iOS 11.4 - current. As for the FitBit app, i deleted it from the phone and re-installed it.  Then I tried to add my Surge to the app. It has hung up and won't let me complete the add. After the "read our terms & policies"  screen, then the Meet your Surge screen, I hit next. On the screen that says "Power on your Surge", I get a pinwheel and "searching" nonstop. The screen then switches to "Not Working?" and then just hangs there searching. So my Surge will not connect to the app.  

One other thing regarding my situation with my Surge.  I had deleted it from Bluetooth connection on my iPhone to see if it would reconnect. It will not reconnect through Bluetooth on my phone now either.  I am confused, as everything was working fine until sometime in the last couple weeks or so.  Thanks for any help you can be.

One more thing (sorry for all this info, but maybe it will help).  I just added the app to my MacBook Pro and tried to connect the tracker (Surge).  Still won't connect. Appears that bluetooth is not working on the tracker. Any suggestions or is the tracker done....

Best Answer

Hi there @eaper1 thanks for getting back and confirming more details about your Fitbit.

I'm not sure why it is not connecting with both devices. One thing to mention is checking if the Fitbit App is running the latest update, also you can connect your Surge on the charger and try to restart it a couple of times while it is connected. This might help it to connect! As you mentioned, you need to delete the tracker from Bluetooth in other devices and later on this will connect. 

Give it a try one more time and let me know the outcome.

Best Answer

Having the same problem as eaper1 and started about the same time.  Removed the Surge from the Fitbit app and tried numerous times to set up the device again.  Same result as eaper1.  Have not deleted the Fitbit app since I wasn't sure if it would delete all my previous data.

Best Answer

Hi @jadajohn! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Happy

Thanks for your feedback and for trying all those steps already, you don't need to delete the Fitbit App; instead just verify that it is up to date. Make sure that your phone is also up to date and please try these steps again to help it to connect in a better way. And confirm which model of phone you're using to connect. Have you  tried to use a different device?

Let me know if this works.

Best Answer

Finally got Surge to setup but it will not pair with my iPhone6.  Both Surge and iPhone software is up to date.  On the Fitbit app it shows that it synced at 7:33 AM today and Battery medium.  The Surge is fully charged but over the battery icon on the Fitbit app there is a blinking icon and the battery icon shows about half full.  Tried several times to pair the watch to the phone.  Fitbit app on phone shows I have taken 237 steps.  Surge watch shows 5,258 and counting.

Best Answer

I am on my second Surge due to wrist strap bubbling, this new surge is less than two months old.  There is condensation inside the screen and it will not pair.  I have followed all the troubleshooting steps and ensured all devices are up to date.  Both my phone and tablet are not finding the Surge.  I think I am through with spending this much money on devices that fail.

Best Answer

I have had problems with my surge not syncing before but this occasion is the worst. None of the normal tricks are working. I turned off my watch and now the time is wrong. It’s been over a week now and I have to say I am getting fed up with it. 

Best Answer

Hi @jadajohn@robertoparkay and @SlowOrla, thanks for getting back! I appreciate all the steps that you've tried guys, I'll do my best to help you out with the issues that you're having.

@jadajohn It's good to hear that your Surge was able to connect with your iPhone, but if it is not syncing we might have to check the Fitbit App version; the latest version is 2.53. Also try to pair it again with your phone, just in case that your Surge didn't finish the process correctly. If this is not working, please let me know.

@robertoparkay Sorry about what happened to your Surge band. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@SlowOrla The time on your Surge will come back once it syncs again. What steps have you tried already? Have you tried any of these instructions? You can also disconnect your Fitbit from your Fitbit account and connect them again, in case that you haven't do so. Please confirm that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date too. 

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer

I noticed that my surge stopped sync with my Android fitbit app yesterday. I tried all the tricks that this forum has suggested, including restarting the surge, restarting the phone, re-pairing, etc. Nothing worked. Then today, I noticed that the sync occurred at 12:30 am while I was asleep. I thought the issue was fixed. But, it didn't. I tried again those tricks and more: restarting the surge, uninstall and reinstall the fitbit app, restart the phone, forget the surge from bluetooth device list, etc. Still, the two refuse to sync. What is worse is that when I chat with a customer agent, I was suggested that my surge doesn't not fall in the warranty and I should buy a new fitbit device. What a c---.

Hope someone knowledgeable could help me. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes