Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit surge will not sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I turned on my iPhone Bluetooth on and it will not sync - it says to turn the surge on and make sure it's in range, which it is I am holding it right next to the phone. Any help please 😞 I have only had it for a week.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MartinIkaika , has it ever synced?  Are there any other bluetooth devices nearby that could be confusing the signal?  The usual basic troubleshooting advice is to try toggling bluetooth off and then toggling it on again.  You might also want to turn your Surge off and then on again.  Turning Surge off and then on: Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge™ for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

@MartinIkaika , has it ever synced?  Are there any other bluetooth devices nearby that could be confusing the signal?  The usual basic troubleshooting advice is to try toggling bluetooth off and then toggling it on again.  You might also want to turn your Surge off and then on again.  Turning Surge off and then on: Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge™ for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you for joining us @MartinIkaika!  Besides @Julia_G's advice, you can try to set up your Surge as a new device again with your computer, iOS and Android device. If you're using a mobile device you can also check if you have your "All Day Sync" option enabled. 

Good luck!  

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Try making sure your surge is charged suficiently. Mine would not sync and I plugged it in. It synced immediately.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @MartinIkaika, I'd like to know if your battery is lasting as it should. If that's the case, feel free to share the steps you took to resolve this. I'm pretty sure a lot of friends will appreciate it. 

Best Answer

The surge will sync via the cable...it is not just a charge cable....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gaz2387 wrote:

The surge will sync via the cable...it is not just a charge cable....

it is just a charge cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @gaz2387!  The charging cable is for charging purposes only. I'd like to know if your Surge syncs only when it is plugged. I'd recommend restarting your Surge. Once you're ready to sync, place the tracker near the dongle to check if this works.

Let me know how it goes.  

Best Answer

I can promise you, and there is another thread on this forum that says the same thing.
(See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Surge-Sync-through-Charge-Cable-in-PC/m-p/695962/highlight/tru...

Fitbit connect will show "Surge Connected"  when the "charging" cable is plugged in.

This allows the Surge to sync WITHOUT the dongle.

my Surge will only sync this way - I have been through restarting my Surge, and just turning it off and back on - however it will never connect wirelessly - the ONLY time it syncs is when the charging cable is used - with or without the dongle.

Best Answer

This is really interesting @gaz2387! I'd like to know if you have a mobile device nearby your tracker. If you have downloaded the app, your tracker will constantly sync and this transfers the information to your Dashboard. Let me know if this is not the case. 

Best Answer
No, i can assure you, it is not syncing wirelessly, i have a blaze which is syncing fine, but the surge only syncs when it is connected via the charge cable....

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here...
I tried to set up my new surge yesterday and plugged it in my laptop. BT is never enabled on my laptop and still it connected. It even started downloading the update but gave an error after a few seconds. No wireless connection possible, but still the app found my Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Surge not synced in 2 days, biggest syncing issue I've ever had. Trying to go between it and HR, combining steps yesterday was impossible even though I did just what Julia says above a couple different times.Seems to be Bluetooth issue
Best Answer
My surge is rejecting the Bluetooth on my s6. Help plz
Best Answer

I give up. I have tried everything several times and yet this piece of crap will still not sync. I have removed the app from my mobile devices, there is no bluetooth in the house, let alone near the Fitbit, I have reinstalled and reinstalled until I am blue in the face, I have tried to register it as a new device. Nothing works ... it is going in the garbage. I'm done.

Best Answer

Why can't Fitbit offer any advice? Why do you wait for us to find a solution and tell everone?

Best Answer
That is OK. They r telling me that my surge can't be replaced even though
it has a torn band. I'm about fed up with fitbit.
Best Answer

Bought a fitbit surge a few months ago. Since than had a lot of problems with synchronizing with my iMac.
Turning it off/on, re-installing, ... sometimes it synchronizes sometimes it doesn't. No idea why. Most of the time it says that i have to put the fitbit nearer, but it is a 30cm from the dongle ....:-(, but it keeps on searching for my watch (with full battery)

I'd really like to have a solution that fits, while the actual situation is soooo disappointing.

What is the best way to solve the synchronising issue (synchronising with an iMac) ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My solution? I bought an Apple Watch. Problem sorted!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer