Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6 and Surge Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Surge watch because my Charge 2 broke recently. I am completely frustrated because the watch won't pair with my fit bit AP. It is charged and turns on, but it won't pair. The Surge is brand new, what's the problem here?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner and @ErnieR nice to see you here on the Forums. Thank you @Rich_Laue, you were of great help.

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried with your Surge. I think that you can try to sync with your  LG G6 but as mentioned before, Fitbit can't assure it will work flawless since it is not the list of tested devices. You have other options to keep using your Fitbit tracker, you can sync or set up via computer, laptop, or any other compatible devices. Once you make sure your Surge is connected you can follow these steps with your G6:

Requirements:

• Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

As a last resource, I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Make sure to check your phone Permissions and leave Location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @SunsetRunner! It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

I'd like to help you with this inquirie you have! This specific model of the LG and Huawei family is not in the list of tested devices with Fitbit. Smiley Embarassed

G6.PNG

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we need to be really sure that the Fitbit App will be running flawless, before adding it to the official list. 

lg g6.PNG

You can try these steps to make them connect, some users have reported to be able to sync and use call and text notifications in different Android devices that are not in our list, when they update to the latest software. But you'll have to try, as for better practices it's best to sync with a compatible device.

In case that you want to use your PC or laptop you will find the information on how to do it here

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner if your Charge 2 was setup and synced with the G6 I would assume it will be able to sync the Surge.

Did you setup the Charge 2 with the G6? 

Best Answer
No, I set it up on my iPhone, but switched to a Samsung g6 a few months ago.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

You may need the full nd another phone the setup the Surge then.

Best Answer

Can attest that my LG G6 has been working with the Surge for the last 8 months. 

However, recently my time is not syncing. All other syncs are working. Note that I do not use the watch for messaging or phone.... Just a tracker and heart rate.

So if anyone has help on syncing the time.... That stopped last week, when I went west coast to east coast

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner and @ErnieR nice to see you here on the Forums. Thank you @Rich_Laue, you were of great help.

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried with your Surge. I think that you can try to sync with your  LG G6 but as mentioned before, Fitbit can't assure it will work flawless since it is not the list of tested devices. You have other options to keep using your Fitbit tracker, you can sync or set up via computer, laptop, or any other compatible devices. Once you make sure your Surge is connected you can follow these steps with your G6:

Requirements:

• Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

As a last resource, I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Make sure to check your phone Permissions and leave Location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Best Answer

Nothing has worked. I loved being a Fit bit owner and I strongly believe their app should work on Apple and Android platforms. I should not be forced to switch to a new device in a different brand just because I changed phones. 

As it is, I will return the Surge and spend my money elsewhere.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back and for your effort to help your Fitbit Surge to connect with your G6. As this is not listed as a tested device, it might be having a hard time communicating. You can also try to use a computer to synchronize and then check again with your phone. Where did you purchase your Fitbit? If you need help with our support team let me know, I'll be happy to help.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes