Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HGV driver.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there. I'm an HGV driver and have noticed that while traveling along a road my surge is recording hundreds of steps I am not taking and 50 flights of stairs I haven't climbed. I have it set to my dominant wrist, and I'm trying so hard to achieve accurate readings and measurements so I can plan my diet according to the stats my Fitbit provides. Does anyone have experience of this and a solution to the problem?
Many thanks in advance for any replies...
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

You can create the manual activity "driving" to overwrite steps, calories, etc for the time period you are driving. If you're doing it on a regular basis, you might want to look into something like the 3rd party app "DriveBit," which you can activate while you're driving and will create that activity automatically for you. Best of luck!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @HeliosJim and @ukstatik , here's the direct link with instructions for how to delete data by manually logging driving: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data .  It's quite important to follow the instructions carefully, and in particular make sure that you search for and find the built in "driving" from the database, and NOT create a custom activity.  Only the built in "driving" will delete the data.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You can create the manual activity "driving" to overwrite steps, calories, etc for the time period you are driving. If you're doing it on a regular basis, you might want to look into something like the 3rd party app "DriveBit," which you can activate while you're driving and will create that activity automatically for you. Best of luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds like a great solution, but how do we manually create a new activity?

I drive 2 hours per day and want to avoid the problem the OP raised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a link to steps to manually logging an activity from each method (app, dashboard, PC, etc).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @HeliosJim and @ukstatik , here's the direct link with instructions for how to delete data by manually logging driving: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data .  It's quite important to follow the instructions carefully, and in particular make sure that you search for and find the built in "driving" from the database, and NOT create a custom activity.  Only the built in "driving" will delete the data.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow thank you guys for all your responses it worked perfectly!
So now, I can finally rely on the stats I'm getting. I'm chuffed to bits 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes

DriveBit looks like a great answer, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes