Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate Variability from my Fitbit Surge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Surge track Heart Rate Variability in the background and if it does is it possible to get that data? I was about to buy a device to track HRV, but at a conference i was told that Fitbit can track HRV now and has chosen to keep that data hidden. I would love that to be the next tile of info on my phone or desktop. Keep up the good work. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Glad to see you here @mrphibb! Thanks for the suggestion @WendyBCat Happy

It's good to know that you're doing your research, this is the best place to ask that information. I'd like to clarify that our PurePulse heart rate tracking offers automatic, continuous wrist based tracking for all-day health insights and workout intensity. It is uniquely designed to measure heart rate all day, with always-on optical heart rate sensors that still maintain extended battery life.

It allows you to accurately track workout intensity and calorie burn with finely tuned algorithms that provide insight through interactive charts and graphs, since Fitbit tracker were designed to help you to get the next level of fitness based on the intensity of your workouts. But HRV information or specific stat in regards of beat-to-beat variability are not showed in the Dashboard.  The heart rate icon you see on the display tells you if you're in one of three heart rate zones: Peak, Cardio, Fat Burn Zone and as you can see in your Surge you get the Resting HR or if you're out of zone.

I found two suggestions in our Feature Suggestions board: Heart Rate Variability (HRV) measurement and  HRV integration. Add your votes and comments here. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs to make sure we are delivering on what our customers need. Fitbit is always striving to improve!

Hope this helps! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I would add this to the features request forum. Please vote and the engineers look there for new ideas

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

Once done come back and add the URL so others can vote!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Glad to see you here @mrphibb! Thanks for the suggestion @WendyBCat Happy

It's good to know that you're doing your research, this is the best place to ask that information. I'd like to clarify that our PurePulse heart rate tracking offers automatic, continuous wrist based tracking for all-day health insights and workout intensity. It is uniquely designed to measure heart rate all day, with always-on optical heart rate sensors that still maintain extended battery life.

It allows you to accurately track workout intensity and calorie burn with finely tuned algorithms that provide insight through interactive charts and graphs, since Fitbit tracker were designed to help you to get the next level of fitness based on the intensity of your workouts. But HRV information or specific stat in regards of beat-to-beat variability are not showed in the Dashboard.  The heart rate icon you see on the display tells you if you're in one of three heart rate zones: Peak, Cardio, Fat Burn Zone and as you can see in your Surge you get the Resting HR or if you're out of zone.

I found two suggestions in our Feature Suggestions board: Heart Rate Variability (HRV) measurement and  HRV integration. Add your votes and comments here. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs to make sure we are delivering on what our customers need. Fitbit is always striving to improve!

Hope this helps! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer