Support Hebrew Language in Notifications for Charge 3

Support Hebrew language in notifications.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

238 Comments
DoronF
Keeping Pace

+1 on the previous comment;

it's mid 2017 and this issue started in 2015. There are additional threads asking for the same thing.

I'm still willing to help and contribute code.

Any reason for not implementing this?

dery
Stepping Up

Please add Hebrew :). its simple unicode support! (charge 2)

TShnitz
First Steps

+1

Please add Hebrew notifications support to Alta HR

Barivry
First Steps

Hi, my name is bar, and i bought the fitbit surge not long ago, and its a wonderful device, and one of the reasons thet i chose to bay this specific device its because the message notification, but the surge does not support Hebrew... so please fix it with a simple software update

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

We are very pleased that you have joined our Family here in the Forums @BarivryCat Happy

Actually, we have the request for this feature here: Support foreign languages in notifications (Hebrew and Russian), you can vote and place your comments in this request. The more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. Implementing enhancements to Fitbit trackers and services take time, but we always take feedback to deliver the best improvements for our wonderful users! Smiley Wink

I appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime!

I'll be around, have a great day! Woman Happy

vitalis
Base Runner

Hello,

it is almost 2 years since this topic was raised but still there is no Unicode support in notifications. Just out of curiosity - are there technical or bureaucratic problems behind inability to implement Unicode support?  

The much smaller company (Pebble) was able to implement it roughly for the same period of time.   

vitalis
Base Runner

Any news in this thread? I'm ready to migrate off my Fitbit, since I started to believe that adding Unicode support is a kind of Mission Impossible. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I gave up and purchased an Apple Watch. It's so much better! I regret not
doing it years ago
DavidMe
Jogger

I guess my Fitbit will broken much before you will add hebrew support..shame on you

Litalk
Stepping Up

No, no answers, comments or replies, not on this thread or on at least 2 others on the subject. not even after calling fitbit support. They forwarded my inquiry to the technical team, and still no response. not even on the question of - why aren't you commenting in your own forums?

Litalk
Stepping Up

There are at least 2 year old posts (yes, more than one, or two...) that awaits an answer regarding the support of other languages in calls, text and alerts. (I, specificly am referring to hebrew).

1. why dont you comment on your old posts with any kind of updates???

(literally, people are writing they are deserting fitbit, and you just dont replay/care).

2. when does a hebrew support update supposed to be released?

Thank you

vitalis
Base Runner

No need to add a separate support to any particular language. Just add Unicode support! It is a 2nd decade of 21st century!

P.S. An interesting alternative to the #subject:  https://health.nokia.com/us/en/steel-hr

Avibavi
Recovery Runner

Two years and nothing from From Fitbit??? A bit disappointing..

I am adding my vote to add Hebrew support and WhatsApp text support as well.

HaNi6
First Steps

Agree. Need to see my notifications in Hebrew as well.

HaNi6
First Steps

Please add Hebrew for Charge 2 as well!!

vitalis
Base Runner
Does Apple Watch have a HeartRate meter? The only reason I'm still sticking to Fitbit Charge 2

Get Outlook for Android
vitalis
Base Runner

What else is needed in order to get any feedback from Fitbit regarding the subject? Create tickets through official support?

Unprecedented level of indifference

Yosi
First Steps

This case is open for a long time and no one from Fitbit is seriously  relating to it. Not even a far away target date or declaration of intention to add this feature. I reached to the conclusion that this issue is not going to handled in a relevant time frame and switched to Garmin vivoactive HR for a very low cost. I can see my notifications perfectly and I can even swim with it. I advise you all to choose another option and sell/give your fitbit.

vitalis
Base Runner
Hi, can you see the Whatsapp messages on your own language in Garmin vivoactive HR?

Get Outlook for Android
Avibavi
Recovery Runner

I wrote them on Facebook. We should all write them on Facebook. I told them that no one has replayed to this thread and that I wanted to know when I can expect Hebrew and WhatssApp support and they didn't really give me a straight answer...

I think we should all write them, tell them the same thing that no one is listening here and that we aren't getting any answers for about two years now

Yosi
First Steps
Yes. The user interface is in English but all messages, names in contacts
are displayed as unicode in the original language.
DoronF
Keeping Pace
DoronF
Keeping Pace

Guys you can see the Fitbit response in my Twitter link. They promised to update the thread.

https://twitter.com/doron_f/status/893525019267137537

Yosi
First Steps

Hi,

"As of now, we can't provide an information if it will be implement or not since its our engineers whose reviewing on this." is not a sufficient response for me after more than 2 years. It is obvious that there is no technological problem to implement unicode just like other products in the market. 

And by the way - Yes, you can see social media feeds in Garmin.

vitalis
Base Runner

"2/2 This has already been conveyed to our team & is under review. If there is certain interest, it maybe implemented in the future."

Sounds like it will not be implemented in a nearest (or not nearest) future.

So I will wait till the end of my Fitbit Charge 2 and never come back to Fitbit devices.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.