Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if the fitbit i purchased was used before?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, i really need some helps here

I just bought  new fitbit surge today from a famous retail store in Thailand. I was in a rush and didn't check the box and what's inside. When i came home and unboxing it...seems to me that the box was opened before. there's a tear in a barcode, some scratches on the clear plastic cover and the charger wire doesn't have any plastic wrap on it. Also the plastic that black hole on the bottom of the box was already peeled off and sticked to the inner side of the box. anyways to tell if this has been used before? when i turn in on for the firs time it has 1302 calories burnt thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the forums @fluffypuppy

When you first get your Fitbit, you will see burned calories. The devices begin the day at midnight, so no matter what time you set up, those burned calories will be there. This article on burned calories may help you. click to read

What you're seeing is normal and won't make any difference with your step statistics.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

thank you for your kind answer 🙂 i was talking with the fitbit support and they checked my device. It turns out that the Surge I purchased from an authorize retailer in thailand has already been used. It was activated before with a different email address. I'm asking for my money back tomorrow. Thank you though

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fluffypuppy maybe do an exchange and check the box to be sure it hasn't been opened first.

Customer support is very good and I'm glad they helped you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least let the dealer know they sold you a used item, if you decide to keep it you deserve a discount. 

Best Answer
0 Votes