Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pair Surge when Touch screen swipe is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my screen displays but is no longer sensitive to touch.  Moisture got in there and seems to have broken that.  It stopped synching so I wanted to unpair and repair.  However, I see that I have to establish pair mode through the touch screen.  Can I trigger it using a button sequence?  The buttons do still work.  

Overall this thing has been pretty disappointing overall but that's a different topic.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JonnyAbs, it's great to see you here in the Forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the moisture on your Surge. In regards to your inquiry, you don't need to use the screen to pair back the tracker on your account; that option is only when you want to pair to have music control. But as it is having syncing issues due to humidity I'm not sure if it will be able to connect. You can try to put in a bowl of rice for a couple of days until battery completely drains. Then clean the contacts on the Surge and on the charger. Fully charge your Fitbit.

And finally, follow these steps to reconnect it. Have you check contacting our Support Team? I can help you with that if you wish, I'll be around if you have questions about it.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @JonnyAbs, it's great to see you here in the Forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the moisture on your Surge. In regards to your inquiry, you don't need to use the screen to pair back the tracker on your account; that option is only when you want to pair to have music control. But as it is having syncing issues due to humidity I'm not sure if it will be able to connect. You can try to put in a bowl of rice for a couple of days until battery completely drains. Then clean the contacts on the Surge and on the charger. Fully charge your Fitbit.

And finally, follow these steps to reconnect it. Have you check contacting our Support Team? I can help you with that if you wish, I'll be around if you have questions about it.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes