Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a surge that you cant swipe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

good evening  i bought a surge it will not swipe or tap tried to restart it i have done this for a few hours to no vale it will not swipe at all  so any one with a magic touch that can help please let me know how to fix the problem and i will thank you in advanced    

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I've noticed you are new around @pops96, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying to restart your Surge, sorry that it didn't work. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
1 . yes they did and then passed the buck as told them i wanted to fix the problem with it so then they try to tell me we will give you a 25% discount on a new one do to this one is over two years old .

i told them i just want a fix for the problem not a new one i am so done with fit bit as much i like the products support sucks so when my second surge takes a dump i will not buy any more fit bit products Steve

[Beta Tester Badge 3]
Best Answer

Hi @pops96, thanks for getting back. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Cat Frustrated

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Enjoy your Fitbit replacement and let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Will not swipe, and is only connecting intermittently, this started after the latest update, is there anyway to reload this update or to reset to factory condition 

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Mallan6Cat Happy

I'd suggest to try the restart on your Surge and try to reconnect it via phone to see if this helps. There is no way to reset to factory condition the Fitbit. But go ahead and try these steps and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Tried those ideas already and have had no success, the surge count steps taken, gives off completed step total and lights up, where can you get these watches looked at ! When is the next update due ???????

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying those steps and confirming that information @Mallan6

Fitbit Surge won't have future updates, so I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

I'll around in case that you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Have been contacted by fitbit customer service with this message

There's an update The case status is now Resolved. Funny thing that, the watch still does not work?

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Mallan6! I've already passed this information along to our team, you should receive a respond shortly, if not let me know I'll be checking that with you! 

See you around.

Best Answer

received the same message as before,There's an update to case: The case status is now Resolved. Funny how the watch is still not working, are you allowed to sell goods that cannot be repaired, reset, restarted, and if there is no more upgrades for the Surge, is that in line with your pro-active policy of, for ever improving your product, or is that just sales speak? and if there is no more updates to the Surge, does mean that your currently selling watches to the public that are obsolete and/or being phased out? and if any of this is true why would anyone purchase a Surge???

even with 25% off, which is the "resolved" status to the surge not working!!!!!!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Mallan6

Thanks for your feedback, I'd like to clarify that the "Resolved" status is given to a case every time our team sends an email and until we get the respond the case remains close, so they should be waiting for your response. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

About your inquiries regarding to Fitbit Surge, although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. That's why we advise to consider Fitbit Ionic if you're looking for a new device. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can read more about https://www.fitbit.com/ionic if you wish

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

immaterial to the status of the warranty of the surge, its my firm believe that the watch is capable of working correctly and that the problem is in the software component of the Surge and as stated by you they will be upgrades( now) of software

if required( by you) for the Surge, if anyone who purchased a surge that is still under warranty, they should claim fault on the basis that they are bought a product that has a software problem, if I had purchased an apple watch, an apple retail centre, would be able to rectify this problem or confirm that the watch its self was broken, and as like most companies, talk is cheap, doing nothing is cheaper, until you start losing enough customers, perhaps you should create an app (android/windows and apple), so that it can test the functions of the watch or do a full reset, as for the problem being solved, its a case of, the watch is not working properly and until it does, it remains unresolved, to resolve something, takes the co-operation of all parties involved.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My surge stopped swiping 2 days ago.  At first it was getting stuck in between swipes, so I had to reset.  Now it won’t swipe at all, reset it multiple times.  I love my Fitbit but this is so frustrating because it’s basically useless now, I can only see the clock and nothing else.

Best Answer

Yes it is frustrating, and you have my sympathy, perhaps it will be new FITBIT  motto, getting going, then get frustrated with Surge( not Surging much these days)   

Best Answer

Thank you for your participation in the forums @cbarros1217 and @Mallan6!

For you to have the best possible experience @cbarros1217, I've created a Support Case on your behalf. Keep an eye on your inbox! They will follow up with you!

As mentioned before @Mallan6 we really appreciate your feedback, since your comments are valuable for us but in case that you want to have more information about the options that our team is offering you, feel free to get back to them so they can give you moe details.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

i have the same issue since 2 days!! can't swipe and tried to restart....this sucks and it seems to be a common issue which indicates a product / manufacturing default. considering consumer protection, there should be an option to get the replacement of the product for free - independent if warranty. Would be good to know where to send the watch in and/or getting replacement. Dont think there is another solution

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @BarbMeister! Thanks for posting your inquiry here.

Sorry about what happened to your Fitbit. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our support team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please check your email inbox to get more information about it.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My Fitbit surge is still not working and am still disappointed with the outcome received from SUPPORT, they need to look at what the ACCC recommendations and resolve all of the problems with their products and attitude towards maintenance and repairs, service solutions, as electronic on line support can’t solve and diagnose all the products usage problems, at a cost of $317 AU, that’s a lot of money to someone who has very little. Fitbit  support and the company managers need to send emails to all registered purchasers and advise them of their new rights under the warranty changes agreed to with the ACCC, they still have not resolve the issue of having repairs and or maintenance to their products. As they in Australia, have a go at it!

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Mallan6. We really appreciate your feedback. We're going to pass it along to our team! For more details about your AU warranty options, you can get back with our support team, they are always getting feedback and information on what you share here!

Let me know if you anything else!

Best Answer