Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My normal walking route is 5.4 miles.  I've walked this path for 7 years.   I had a Polar Sync for 4 years and it registered the step count as 11,500 steps, the count was consistent.   I've been using the Surge about 2 months.  The Surge step count is usually around 9,000 steps for my 5.4 mile route however lately is ridiculously low.   My husband also has a Surge and he always has more steps then I do, even on days when we are together all day (traveling, etc).   I'm so frustrated with the Surge, especially after the consistent accuracy of the Polar Sync.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for popping by the forums @JWitt17! How you doing? Smiley Wink

Sorry about your missing steps for the past walks! Thanks for sharing that information here. Please let's keep helping your little buddy by restarting it a couple of more times. Then follow the accuracy test steps, so we can verify how is this working. Robot Happy

1. Put your Surge on your.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If your tracker counted less than 100 steps or more than 100, please let us know and we'll see if we can investigate further. Sometimes, when you start walking you may notice that your steps may not update on your tracker right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real-time with each step you take.

It's important to specify whether you wear the tracker on your dominant or non-dominant wrist, please check the recommendations about choosing the correct Handedness. You have that option also in the Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Handedness. When you mentioned checking the Settings, did you check the stride length information?

I also would like to suggest using either "Run" or "Walk" option from your Surge, since this options has GPS connection, this will help a lot to have a more accurate information about your walks. Smiley Happy

I'll be around, let me know how this works! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer