Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent distance using GPS on Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a runner and was excited to use surge gps to capture all my runs. However I have found up to 10-20% variation on distance plus or minus on same route. At times, as a result, pace is showing much faster than possible for me (even in elevation), or slower than I run. The difference can be from one km to the next with no change in cadence. any one else having this level of variation?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Jmac146, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Cat Happy

It's great to know that you like to run, Fitbit Surge is an excellent helper when running due to the GPS tool. Take a look of these tips to help your Surge GPS signal to improve your distance information, when you Surge doesn't pick the satellite signal at the beginning of the workout might miss a couple of information regarding distance. Are you running in the same place every day?

I'd try the restart on your Surge too, in case that it is having hardware issue. Make sure the Fitbit Surge altimeter is not blocked to see if this helps the elevation stats.

I'll be around in case that you need more help! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Jmac146, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Cat Happy

It's great to know that you like to run, Fitbit Surge is an excellent helper when running due to the GPS tool. Take a look of these tips to help your Surge GPS signal to improve your distance information, when you Surge doesn't pick the satellite signal at the beginning of the workout might miss a couple of information regarding distance. Are you running in the same place every day?

I'd try the restart on your Surge too, in case that it is having hardware issue. Make sure the Fitbit Surge altimeter is not blocked to see if this helps the elevation stats.

I'll be around in case that you need more help! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes