Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Whenever I try to sync my surge to my phone to control my music it just never connects. It just gives up trying to connect after a while. What can I do about this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Nathanjanmo welcome aboard to our Community. I've noticed that you have received good assistance from @Rich_Laue, however I see there is no other solution. I wonder if the issue still persist? 

If still persist, I would like to review the steps with you to setup the music control to cover the basic:

1. On your Surge:
    1. Display the Menu, then swipe to Settings.
    2. Scroll to Bluetooth Classic.
    3. If the setting is Off or On, press the Select button until the setting is Pair.
  2. On your mobile device:
    1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
    2. Make sure your device is discoverable and is scanning for devices.
    3. When “Surge (Classic)” appears as an available device, select it.
    4. Wait for a message showing a six-digit number.
  3. Perform the following two steps in close succession:
    1. When the same six-digit number appears on your Surge, press the Action button (lower right) to confirm the pairing.
    2. On your mobile device, select Pair.

Now, If you were previously able to control music but now see "Not connected" or "Connecting..." on your Surge, test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these troubleshooting tips:

• On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Surge (Classic) is connected. If you no longer see Surge (Classic) on the list, you need to set it up music control again.
  • Confirm that your mobile device is within about 20 feet of your Surge.
  • In the settings on your Surge, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your mobile device.

Keep me updated how is it so far, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Is your app up to date on the phone, amd ypir music program playing music? 

Is the Surge classic paired to the Phone?

Another qiestion wpuld be what music program are you using.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes yes and Apple Music

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nathanjanmo welcome aboard to our Community. I've noticed that you have received good assistance from @Rich_Laue, however I see there is no other solution. I wonder if the issue still persist? 

If still persist, I would like to review the steps with you to setup the music control to cover the basic:

1. On your Surge:
    1. Display the Menu, then swipe to Settings.
    2. Scroll to Bluetooth Classic.
    3. If the setting is Off or On, press the Select button until the setting is Pair.
  2. On your mobile device:
    1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
    2. Make sure your device is discoverable and is scanning for devices.
    3. When “Surge (Classic)” appears as an available device, select it.
    4. Wait for a message showing a six-digit number.
  3. Perform the following two steps in close succession:
    1. When the same six-digit number appears on your Surge, press the Action button (lower right) to confirm the pairing.
    2. On your mobile device, select Pair.

Now, If you were previously able to control music but now see "Not connected" or "Connecting..." on your Surge, test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these troubleshooting tips:

• On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Surge (Classic) is connected. If you no longer see Surge (Classic) on the list, you need to set it up music control again.
  • Confirm that your mobile device is within about 20 feet of your Surge.
  • In the settings on your Surge, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your mobile device.

Keep me updated how is it so far, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I have managed to fix the problem and can now sync my watch with my phone music.
Thanks again
Nathan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but once again, same directions I've tried several times. Basically, after I press surge classic on phone, it never has provided a pairing code whereas the surge always provides one. The pairing process on phone simply times out

Best Answer

Hi @kst8er86, it's nice to see you here! Smiley Happy

Sorry to know that you haven't connect the Music Control feature. Which model of phone are you using? Please make sure that your phone is syncing and adding all your stats to your Fitbit App. Then try to restart your Surge a couple of times and follow @RobertoME's steps one more time. 

Let me know if you encounter any error on the way. Once you are setup, click here for instructions on how to control music with your Surge.

Keep me posted if this helps! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Samsung s7. I've tried restarting phone as well as the Surge. The surge produces a pair code, the phone does not. I've tried everything

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @kst8er86Cat Happy

I appreciate the time you're taking in working on this. Please make sure that your Surge Settings is showing the Bluetooth Classic in "Pair" and reboot your Bluetooth on your phone. Check that on your phone, Bluetooth is showing as "Surge (Classic)" under Available devices, and tap on that. As soon as you get the code on the Surge press the Action button (lower right) to confirm the pairing.

Let me know how it goes? Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've probably done that a 100 times now. 

Best Answer

How you doing my friend @kst8er86? Nice to see you here again! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it's of great help. Sorry about the issues you're having to use the Music Control. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal; I've sent you a PM, please keep an eye in your inbox!

Let me know if you have questions about it! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes