Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Surge cannot pair after an unpair operation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, could you help me?
I have the following situation:

1. My Surge was discharged completely and was off for 3 days. (Plz make micro USB connector:))

2. I have left it on charger for a day and found out that time was wrong.

3. Then I decided to unpair My Surge from my Android phone using unpair in Bluetooth settings and rebooted Surge.

Now Surge shows its logo and nothing more happens. (no clock, no reaction on buttons)

Neither Bluetooth on the phone nor FitBit App can discover it.

I tried to restart using manual (long press of 3 buttons), Surge seems to be reset but still shown only logo.

Have I missed something?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hello! A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @PuLWoman Happy

First of all, thanks for your idea of having a micro USB connector. Later on you can take a moment to visit our Feature Suggestions board to vote for this idea: Use standard Micro-USB cable. Our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

About the syncing issue, thanks for the steps you already tried! Before to try again please make sure that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date. Then restart your phone Bluetooth and restart you tracker a couple of times. I'd like to know which model of phone are you using, since if it is a Samsung we might have to try a computer maybe or a different compatible deviceSmiley Embarassed

Please keep me posted, I'm very interested in helping you out with this! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have had to unpair my Surge several times over the last year for various reasons.  After unpairing I need to re-pair the tracker via the Fitbit Connect application (no USB cable required), start the app, and select "Set Up a New Fitbit Device".  The app will project a 4-digit code to your tracker; simply key the code back into the app and you'll be re-paired.  🙂

Best Answer

Hi @shipo! Thank for the clarification, it's always nice to see you here! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I tried almost 10 times of resetting my FitBit and trying to connect to various phones and/or PCs.

The main issue is that my Surge is not discovered by the other devices.

P.S.

After discharge-charge cycle I managed to turn it on without sync at least. (But time is wrong now:( )

Update:

My Fitbit hangs and restarts when I turn on Bluetooth Classic in Settings. 
Once or twice I received "Found your Surge" message on my Android, but after restart again errors 😞 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @PuL! I can see that you're still having issues paring your Fitbit. In this case it'd be better to take it back to the store to get another unit, usually with your receipt you can check your options. Or I can request a case from Support so they can help you out with this! Cat Frustrated

Please let me know your resolution! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks,

I am in touch with Support team, still no solution. The device was given to me as a present, unfortunately I don't have a receipt. 

The minimum issue to solve for me is setting the current time (I am trying to discharge and start to charge exactly at noon to rewind clock but no fortune yet).

Run tracking works(just showing online running info which is enough)

Also maybe as a consequence my battery is draining now, just 1-2 days without a power cell.

Best Answer

Hi @PuL, thanks for the head up! Wow, that's too bad. I like your attitude but I can imagine how difficult must be to try to use it in that way. Please keep in touch with team so they can explain to you the warranty options. 

I hope it gets resolve! Cat Happy

Best Answer

Thank you for your assistance! 

Btw, I found out that my Surge saves the old time on powering off and I can simply to turn it on around that time. It is easier, but still something else goes wrong: even having switched off all extra features, battery survived less than 12h without Running (I hope it is battery consuming background operations and this won't affect 2-3 hour run training after a full charge)

I will write you if there is any solution.

Best Answer

You're welcome @PuL, my pleasure! I hope you can use your Fitbit for your runs, as normally a full charge can track up to 10 hours of activities that use GPS; but in this case as you said you'll have to give it try. Please keep me posted!

Have a good one! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Finally the solution arrived at my postoffice. 

Thank you, FitBit team for the replacement. I was able to connect my new Surge on the fist attempt.

Best Answer

Don't unpair your surge unless you absolutely have to....... once they're unpaired from your phone they can be extremely difficult to impossible to re-pair to your account again through any device. You normally shouldn't need to unpair them...... you can uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone without having to unpair your surge.

Best Answer

That's strange, before this accident I was able to pair-unpair and pair again several times because of changing mobile devices.
A device should be able to undo an action 😉

Anyway thank you! Will try to keep the current device longer.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing @PuL and @Crazy-Fritter. So glad to see that you got your replacement, so you can get back on track! Smiley Happy

I don't know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Have a good one! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Will you loose all history? I had a connection issue and unpaired after two years of use. I do not want to loose my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, syncronized data is stored in your profile on server. And the data on our Fitbit device (not yet sincronized) will be lost on reset or unpair operation.

This was true for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To confirm my understanding of your reply: Because my history is stored on
the server it will not be lost. The only history loss is on the tracker
device. I will be able to access my history from both my mobile app and the
website, right?
Best Answer
0 Votes