Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help w/Surge - Support feedback

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 
While moving to the new place the movers "accidentally"
trashed my exercise gear and my fitbit surge. 

So.... 
A1) I have no charger cable now and cannot verify if it works or not
A2) And that isb ecause I never used it. Never really thought much about it.  

B1) I am in Korea and the service people here said 
"We will not fixit until you give us the serial number"
B2) I don't have the serial number because I don't have the box
B3) I never used it till now because I only recently started
to go to the gym. 
B4) I don't get why the Fitbit service people have to be rude
and obnoxious. 
C) Is this a piece of junk I need to trash or is there a service center 
I can bring this in? It sounds alright on the website. 

Honestly I don't see the why everyone went crazy over this considering 
how much of a hassle it is to even get to the part where the technicians
even look at it let alone consider fixing it. 

It doesn't even make a good paperweight. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @EthanK it's great to see you in the Community! Thanks for the help @Odyssey13.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

As our good friend @Odyssey13 mentioned, it's best if you test your tracker and try to set it up to confirm if it is working; in that way is easier for our team to confirm the warranty. All Fitbit purchase have a warranty period after you set up your Fitbit or you can also use your proof of purchase.

You can also visit our store, you will see the charger there in case that you can get it, but that's just a thought. I've requested a case for you explaining what happened, they will be getting in touch with you shortly.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @EthanK

If you never used your Surge, why unbox it? How long ago did you purchase it?

You should be able to purchase another charger unit at a local retailer or from Fitbit directly. That would be the fastest way to determine if your Surge is working. Unless it's charged and set up, there is no way for Fitbit to have any information it. They can see things on their side that we owner's cannot.

There is no service center to take the Surge. These devices aren't repaired, but replaced.

Sounds like you still need customer support to assist you. How did you contact them? Click for contact options.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @EthanK it's great to see you in the Community! Thanks for the help @Odyssey13.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

As our good friend @Odyssey13 mentioned, it's best if you test your tracker and try to set it up to confirm if it is working; in that way is easier for our team to confirm the warranty. All Fitbit purchase have a warranty period after you set up your Fitbit or you can also use your proof of purchase.

You can also visit our store, you will see the charger there in case that you can get it, but that's just a thought. I've requested a case for you explaining what happened, they will be getting in touch with you shortly.

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer